Travel Insurance question

jerseygirl3

We will be taking s short, 3 day cruise on Royal Caribbean prior to a 10 day on Celebrity. Also one night precruise in Ft Lauderdale. We always take out third party travel insurance. Do we get one policy to cover it all, or separate policies for the 2 different cruises?  The cruises are B2B but on 2 different cruise lines. 

3 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

We will be taking s short, 3 day cruise on Royal Caribbean prior to a 10 day on Celebrity. Also one night precruise in Ft Lauderdale. We always take out third party travel insurance. Do we get one policy to cover it all, or separate policies for the 2 different cruises?  The cruises are B2B but on 2 different cruise lines. 

Heartily suggest you go to the Insuarance Forum or call Steve at the Insurance Store.  Insurance can be per cruise or year.  Lot of choices 

7 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

When you buy insurance you enter the dates of travel and it covers you for those dates, b2b, hotels etc. it does not matter.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am currently looking for a policy too.  When they ask for the total cost, that would include the airfare and hotel, right?  We haven't booked them yet, just the cruise portion.  I should be able to estimate those costs because the trip is 12 weeks away and I don't want to wait to purchase the insurance.

16 minutes ago, Marylandcruiser89 said:

I am currently looking for a policy too.  When they ask for the total cost, that would include the airfare and hotel, right?  We haven't booked them yet, just the cruise portion.  I should be able to estimate those costs because the trip is 12 weeks away and I don't want to wait to purchase the insurance.

The types of third-party travel insurance we get allows us to start the coverage with whatever the first payment is, and then up the coverage as we increase our payments.

This is really important for us, because the type of coverage we want requires that we start the policy within 10-20 days (depends upon state of residence) of the very *first* payment, refundable or not.  So waiting until later would mean we couldn't get the type of coverage we want.

GC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Marylandcruiser89 said:

One of the reasons to use a broker like Steve. Some policies require ALL trip costs to be covered, some policies do not. Most of that varies based on State of residence (what does the state law require), and if you need CFAR or to waive pre-existing conditions.

On 2/2/2023 at 5:26 AM, Marylandcruiser89 said:

For the most part, yes. Of course, it is the best if you can get a free flight and hotel. Then you only need to worry about the cost of the policy.Travel insurance packages are usually the total cost. There are some travel deals that include the airfare and hotel, but the hotel is usually half-priced. That's why it's always a good idea to check the hotel and airfare separately for a cheaper deal.