Question about accommodations for Fairbanks, Alaska

Bucfanattic

First off if this has been addressed sorry! I searched the forum and couldnt find my question. My wife and I are going on a 10 day Holland America cruise late May. It is a land and sea trip with the land portion first. I wanted to arrive a day early so I booked our flights accordingly. I have spoken to HAL customer service twice inquiring about hotel Information, the plan was to stay in the same hotel and not have to move. All I get from HAL is "a Fairbanks hotel", which isn't overly helpful. Someone at work who has gone before mentioned a Westmark, but when I look at them online they are booked for the night I need. So my question is the Westmark the hotel and if I cant get a room what else is close and a decent place to stay? I really appreciate your help!

We stayed last summer at the Westmark Fairbanks. Anything downtown would be nearby.  go to any of the popular travel sites and you can view the Westmark and other close by hotels on a map.  Your other option is to book your pre-tour arrangements through HAL.  You can find that option from your manage my cruise page on the website or by your TA

HAL uses the Westmark in Fairbanks.  Call them and tell them that you will be joining a cruise tour and you would like to fly in early and book a room.  Have your dates handy..  It’s a big hotel and you should be able to book with them.  They probably are holding rooms as “sold out” that they have set aside for the tours.  HAL owns the Westmark hotel.

19 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

You might also do some research on the Alaska board, under Ports of Call.  EM

I agree however for the sake of brevity there isn’t much in downtown Fairbanks.  A simple map search is all you need. 

Hello from Fairbanks!  A couple of other hotels downtown are Springhill Suites by Marriott and a boutique hotel called the Bridgewater.  I hope you are able to get a room at the Westmark, though, as it would definitely be the most convenient for you.

• Like 1

We don't arrive in Fairbanks till 1230AM , Our tour is at the Westmark for two nights . The Sophie Station Suites is located near the airport and has shuttle service 24 hours a day. So we made a room reservation there prior to the Westmark two nights

• Like 1