Which Itinerary?

jakenzie32

I am trying to choose between the Eastern Itinerary - Amber Cove, San Juan, St. Thomas or Western Itinerary- Cozumel, Mahogany Bay, Costa Maya. Both are on the Celebration out of Miami. 

Family of 4- DD(22) DS(20)

We have been to Cozumel, and we have done the forts at San Juan. We don't want to do the forts again. We generally don't do excursions and like beaches close to the port. 

Which itinerary should I choose? We would be open to an excursion if it is highly recommended. 

If you’re strictly looking at beaches then the western itinerary would be better for you. Personally if it were me I’d pick the eastern itinerary. Amber Cove has a gorgeous multi million dollar cruise pier with pools, beaches restaurants etc that I love to go to. And St Thomas has some of the most beautiful white sand beaches in the world. I’m not sure about beaches in San Juan but we once walked through old downtown and toured a beautiful old cathedral then ate an authentic meal at a local restaurant. We absolutely loved that visit. The next time we took a cab out to visit the rainforest and it was breathtaking. 

23 hours ago, jakenzie32 said:

I am trying to choose between the Eastern Itinerary - Amber Cove, San Juan, St. Thomas or Western Itinerary- Cozumel, Mahogany Bay, Costa Maya. Both are on the Celebration out of Miami. 

Family of 4- DD(22) DS(20)

We have been to Cozumel, and we have done the forts at San Juan. We don't want to do the forts again. We generally don't do excursions and like beaches close to the port. 

Which itinerary should I choose? We would be open to an excursion if it is highly recommended. 

So it looks like you have done one port of each itinerary.  I would pick Eastern as the classic St Thomas is always nice.  Costa Maya is boring to me. 

Eastern.....Amber Cove has the complex next door, St Thomas has nice beaches and a tour to St John would be great which you can also do on your own.  San Juan can be a walk around old town or just stay on the Celebration. 

Trunk Bay in St John is great. 

Edited by CruizinSusan70

Eastern.  Don't even have to leave the port area in Amber Cove. Your "kids" might enjoy the zip-line over the pool - unlimited for around $20 pp.  Water slides, small basketball court, pool and small shopping area all as you walk off the ship.  Walk around San Juan/shop, and St. Thomas just go to one of their many beaches.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 12:58 PM, dallasdan said:

I would do the Eastern.  In St. Thomas we took a cab to the ferry and went to St. Johns Trunk Bay.

This is what we did our last time in St. Thomas, and will probably do it on our next time, or maybe check one of the other beaches in the area.  Trunk Bay was beautiful though!  Also wanted to explore the area right off the very, looked very cute!