Is Premium, Premium.

*Fudge*

I have been reading another site and a question was asked about the Premium drinks package.  

Basically, are there enough premium drinks onboard and not a shortage?  One person suggested that Celebrity just weren’t purchasing some of the premium products anymore and are cutting back on them so to say. 

Has anyone here noticed this trend?

For what it's worth, the Celebrity site lists the following on the premium package:
Hope it helps....

• Vodkas: Belvedere, Chopin, Christiania, Cîroc Snap Frost and Flavors, Grey Goose, Ketel One and Botanicals, Pearl, Reyka
    • Whiskeys: Aberfeldy 12, Bulleit Bourbon, Chivas Regal 12, Dewar’s 12, Gentleman Jack, The Glenlivet, Jack Daniel’s Black, Jack Daniel’s Rye, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel, Johnnie Walker Black, Johnnie Walker Double Black, The Macallan Lumina, The Macallan Quest, Maker’s Mark, Rittenhouse Rye, Wild Turkey, Woodford Reserve
    • Gins: Bombay Sapphire, Hendrick’s, Plymouth, Star of Bombay, Tanqueray, Gunpowder
    • Rums: Bacardi 8 Años, Brugal, Flor de Caña, , Pyrat XO, Zacapa 23, Bumbu Rum
    • Tequilas: Cazadores Reposado, Patrón Reposado, Patrón Silver, Ghost Tequila, Don Julio Reposado, Teremana Reposado
    • Liqueurs and Cognacs: Baileys Irish Cream, Chambord, Cointreau, Courvosier VSOP, Disarronno Amaretto, Disarronno Velvet, Drambuie, Remy Martin VSOP, St-Germain, Aperol, Godiva
    • Cocktails: Craft cocktails, large martinis, and long drinks, all made with Premium Beverage Package spirits
    • Champagnes and favorite wines such as Conundrum White and Red Blends, Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon, J&H Selbach Riesling Kabine, Mouton Cadet Bordeaux Blend, and Edmeades Zinfandel.
    • Beers: Anchor Steam, Blue Moon, Blue Moon Haze, Dogfish Head 90 Minute, Grolsch, Guinness, La Fin du Monde, Lagunitas Ale, Leffe Blonde Rouge, Peroni, Sapporo, Sierra Nevada, Kronenbourg , Terrapin Luau, Topo Chico Seltzer, Stella Artois

• Like 2

When cruising restarted there were shortages of many wines and liquors.  We have done 6 cruises since then and little by little the offerings improved.  In December we had no problem getting the liquors and wines that are on the Premium package. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We were on Eclipse last week and experienced no shortages in the ‘Premium’ offerings.

It was a different story a year ago on Silhouette, but they do seem to have ironed out the supply issues, and similarly, the staffing issues.

I agree with the others.  After resumption of sailing there were severe shortages of everything, even down to cans of coke on one cruise.  It has got much better for sure, but some ships are still missing some items, only one or two mind.  I'm still very wary of getting a premium drinks package as a result, as those missing items are usually ones I want, and I feel rather shortchanged as a result. Plus the menu changes at the world class bar, and removal of my favourite drink, seals the fate for me.

Shortages on premium wines (esp Decoy and Conundrum).   They pushed the Celebrity branded Elegance wine, if available.  If not, often it was a classic package wine.   

No evian water.   No acqua panna water.    They substituted Vellamo.  Mostly they try to give you canned water when you ask for water.   Be specific if it matters to you.   I don't like drinking out of a can.  I drink a lot of water and I am a little picky about water taste.  Vellamo is ok.   I prefer evian or acqua panna.

Edited by AnnaNicole
  • Like 2

Last August on the Reflection we did not see any significant shortages. In fact I was able to order Mccallan 12-year-old Scotch in my PDP even though it did not show up on any lists of premium drinks. There were a few different PDP wines in Luminae and my favorite Cherry Pie Pinot Noir was not available but a good substitution was provided. We also were able to get all the Evian bottled water we wanted in our cabin. I refuse to drink canned water as it has a terrible metalic taste.

Edited by terrydtx

39 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Last August on the Reflection we did not see any significant shortages. In fact I was able to order Mccallan 12-year-old Scotch in my PDP even though it did not show up on any lists of premium drinks. There were a few different PDP wines in Luminae and my favorite Cherry Pie Pinot Noir was not available but a good substitution was provided. We also were able to get all the Evian bottled water we wanted in our cabin. I refuse to drink canned water as it has a terrible metalic taste.

I bought a couple of large Vellamo water bottles to my stateroom (SV cabin on December Reflection cruise).  I discarded the empty bottles in the trash can.    My stateroom attendant told me he was going to charge me for the water.   I told him I brought the bottles back to the room.   He again said he has to charge me.   I lightened it up and joked with him not to charge me since I brought them to the room.   Thankfully, he did not charge me. 

I got the Tart Cherry Pinot a couple of times then there was no availability for the rest of the cruise. 

Edited by AnnaNicole

11 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

I bought a couple of large Vellamo water bottles to my stateroom (SV cabin on December Reflection cruise).  I discarded the empty bottles in the trash can.    My stateroom attendant told me he was going to charge me for the water.   I told him I brought the bottles back to the room.   He again said he has to charge me.   I lightened it up and joked with him not to charge me since I brought them to the room.   Thankfully, he did not charge me. 

I got the Tart Cherry Pinot a couple of times then there was no availability for the rest of the cruise. 

We were in a Sky Suite and the premium Evian bottled water was included in the PDP and our butler left 3 to 4 bottles a day in our cabin no charge.

• Like 1

We were in Aqua on the Solstice last week with the premium package and were able to get Decoy in that dining room..However you had to ask for it .They did not mention it while telling us the wines available.After that it flowed freely for us without asking.

4 minutes ago, Meekos7 said:

We were in Aqua on the Solstice last week with the premium package and were able to get Decoy in that dining room..However you had to ask for it .They did not mention it while telling us the wines available.After that it flowed freely for us without asking.

I was able to get it in the MDR on my September Solstice cruise.   Dino, the awesome sommelier had it ready for me.  🙂

13 minutes ago, Meekos7 said:

yes we got the Decoy on the Reflection as well and it was good.

10 minutes ago, AnnaNicole said:

I guess they saved the Evian for the suites.   

At the time the PDP showed Evian as a premium bottled water for anyone on that package. If they were out, I hope they offered you something other than that terrible can water.

Edited by terrydtx

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

At the time the PDP showed Evian as a premium bottled water for anyone on that package. If they were out, I hope they offered you something other than that terrible can water.

Vellamo.    It was good.   Not great.   Much better than the canned water.   I can't/won't drink the canned water. 

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

It wasn't available any where on the ship.  At least, that is what I was told.   Premium water was my motivation for purchasing the premium package.  I am not a big drinker.   Maybe 2 or 3 glasses of wine. 

They substituted Vellamo for Evian.

The canned water is the perfect size for a pack of liquid IV. And you won’t taste the funny part once mixed. The small glass bottle is too small and large is too large. The glasses in the room and bathroom hold 16oz but then you will have to find something to stir the liquid IV mix.

We carry liquid IV packets around the ship. Ask for canned water, dump the powder in it, close the cap, shake it up, and sip it along the cocktails. It works perfectly.