Coastal Kitchen, Odyssey of the Seas - Junior Suites

davehurd

14 minutes ago, davehurd said:

Hi all.

Does anyone know if Junior Suites have access to Coastal Kitchen on Odyssey please?

If yes, how do you go about making reservations?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Assuming the same as Anthem, yes you can eat dinner there subject to space availability.

In my experience you have to book in person on the day each day, although if the maitre d’s feeling kind they might let you reserve for the next night while you’re dining.

• Thanks 1

Ships are sailing full now...will be tougher to get reservations in CK.   Not to mention number of seats.  If the suites are full of families...more seats per suite adds to that.  

When we sail on a ship that has a CK...we book a full suite to be sure we will not be excluded.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Ships are sailing full now...will be tougher to get reservations in CK.   Not to mention number of seats.  If the suites are full of families...more seats per suite adds to that.  

When we sail on a ship that has a CK...we book a full suite to be sure we will not be excluded.  

I have never had a problem getting into CK for dinner on any ship when staying in a JS...pre and post COVID...I do dine a bit later in time frame...8-8:30PM.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Surely the whole point of RoyalUp is to make sure all the suites are occupied even if the rest of the ship isn’t? So demand for CK should be fairly consistent, even on half empty sailings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, bajathree said:

I have never had a problem getting into CK for dinner on any ship when staying in a JS...pre and post COVID...I do dine a bit later in time frame...8-8:30PM.

That definitely helps.   The earlier time frame is the most desired.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

Surely the whole point of RoyalUp is to make sure all the suites are occupied even if the rest of the ship isn’t? So demand for CK should be fairly consistent, even on half empty sailings.

Royal UP is a marketing gimic.   They will send you invitations for Royal Up (as they did for us on our current Jewel cruise) even if they are overbooked...which they were on this cruise.  

And there are no such things as half empty sailings now.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

Assuming the same as Anthem, yes you can eat dinner there subject to space availability.

In my experience you have to book in person on the day each day, although if the maitre d’s feeling kind they might let you reserve for the next night while you’re dining.

14 hours ago, bajathree said:

The above is correct...I had no issue dining for dinner in Coastal Kitchen while in a JS aboard Odyssey. I just went to Coastal Kitchen on embarkation day and made reservations.

Can someone confirm that on embarkation day you can make reservations for any available night of the sailing, not just that night?   Also, we are sailing B2B -- any chance we can make reservations for a few nights of the second sailing during the first?

6 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

So demand for CK should be fairly consistent, even on half empty sailings.

I would think how often the folks in suites want to eat in specialty restaurants (or elsewhere) could effect demand one way or another on a specific sailing, right?

2 hours ago, ihopfar said:

Can someone confirm that on embarkation day you can make reservations for any available night of the sailing, not just that night?   Also, we are sailing B2B -- any chance we can make reservations for a few nights of the second sailing during the first?

Varies week to week.  

Full suites can make reservation in advance so the CK manager starts to get an idea how busy the next cruise is going to be.   If there are signs that CK is in high demand that cruise they may be more restrictive not allowing JS to book the whole cruise on day one.  On the other hand if it looks like a lighter week for CK then the CK manager might be more accommodating.  

On Odyssey I have been told they are full every night only to drop by and find the place nearly empty and they allowed me in on the spot.  One CK manager just starts to get a handle on managing the venue then they go on vacation and a new CK manager takes over and they aren't as comfortable yet so they aren't as flexible.  If your cruises lands when the new person just started you may have a different experience compared to someone who sailed three weeks before you.  

• Like 1