Food and dining on P&O ships

Tablelamp

Can't say too much as I am not vegetarian but we took a friend with us in May who is and she enjoyed her meals and choice. We ate at Sindhus, the Beach House, Epicurean and the MDR. Though the.MDR was more hit and miss. 

On 8/10/2023 at 8:53 PM, Selbourne said:

If you are eligible for the welcome on board lunch you will usually have a boarding time that is between 1200 and 1230, so that’s never an issue. 

Edited by FangedRose

• 3 weeks later...

Off to the med on Arvia next month. Only Flexible dining available as 1st and Second sitting blanked out.

Does anyone know if they only have flexible on Arvia now or did we just miss the boat (sorry for the pun) with the booking?

Both Zenith and Meridean are shown on my Itinerary as available.

Zenith and Meridian are the MDRs on Ariva, but 6th Street Diner, The Olive Grove, The Quays and the buffet are eating venues without having to pay extra. Booking for the first four is done via the app once on board as all are freedom dining, there is no club dining on Arvia or Iona.

10 hours ago, purplesea said:

Zenith and Meridian are the MDRs on Ariva, but 6th Street Diner, The Olive Grove, The Quays and the buffet are eating venues without having to pay extra. Booking for the first four is done via the app once on board as all are freedom dining, there is no club dining on Arvia or Iona.

We are due on Arvia this weekend and booking for Olive Grove and 6th Street Dinner and for booking before 6-30pm in Zenith/Meridian have been pre bookable 14 days before the cruise.

Sorry, I haven't read this whole thread, but have just looked at booking Sindhu.  It says £10pp to book, which came as a surprise.  I presume that's plus the normal menu prices.  Is the £10pp taken off the final bill or is it an additional booking fee does anyone know?  Is it still charged if you book on board?  I've never come across this before!

56 minutes ago, LA30 said:

Sorry, I haven't read this whole thread, but have just looked at booking Sindhu.  It says £10pp to book, which came as a surprise.  I presume that's plus the normal menu prices.  Is the £10pp taken off the final bill or is it an additional booking fee does anyone know?  Is it still charged if you book on board?  I've never come across this before!

You should receive 20% reduction on the price of your meal, after the £10 deposit has been deducted.

3 hours ago, LA30 said:

Yes the £10 is deducted from your bill and they charge per dish on Iona and Arvia so if you only want 2 courses, and they are big especially the signature dishes, you end up with quite a small bill for a speciality restaurant. 

For some reason we are still not allowed to book speciality restaurants on line before we get onboard for Britannia. I read this thread and can't get my head around the inconsistencies... its like reading about a different cruise line  ..

7 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

For some reason we are still not allowed to book speciality restaurants on line before we get onboard for Britannia. I read this thread and can't get my head around the inconsistencies... its like reading about a different cruise line  ..

My understanding is that there has only been one cruise on Britannia recently where you could pre-book anything others than the Limelight Club, and that was a trial. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

My understanding is that there has only been one cruise on Britannia recently where you could pre-book anything others than the Limelight Club, and that was a trial. 

Yes customer services.said something similar ... well that there had been a cruise in July. Oh well let's see what happens. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Yes customer services.said something similar ... well that there had been a cruise in July. Oh well let's see what happens. 

What did the reply from Exec Office say or was it just an acknowledgement of your email, ie 28 days from now we will let you know.

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

What did the reply from Exec Office say or was it just an acknowledgement of your email, ie 28 days from now we will let you know.

The 28 days. Off topic but have you noticed the info re the Retreat had now changed for our cruise the same as speicality dining ? Book onboard. Trying not to get dispondant about it all so keep channelling my inner Bob Marleys 3 birds ...

Just now, Presto2 said:

The 28 days. Off topic but have you noticed the info re the Retreat had now changed for our cruise the same as speicality dining ? Book onboard. Trying not to get dispondant about it all so keep channelling my inner Bob Marleys 3 birds ...

I have had book.onboard for Retreat for two weeks yet get emails telling me to book.now.

My dining still says coming soon, make of it what you will.

I'm rapidly getting tired of all cruise lines at present!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, purplesea said:

We are now two weeks away from our cruise  and have just logged into My P&O and bookings have opened for dining (Limelight, Sindhu, The Beach House and Epicurean) as well as the entertainment.

Sorry can't remember which ship?

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Sorry, forgot to add, Britannia.

I'm having one of those days, when nothing's going right!🙄

That's the best news I've had cruise while for a long time. Enjoy and thanks for posting this as it is really helpful. 

• Thanks 1