Food and dining on P&O ships

Tablelamp

7 hours ago, roomba920 said:

Has anyone here tried the Norway Tester Menu dinner in Epicurean?

What did you think?

Yes. It’s only on Iona and only on one night of the cruise. It was fabulous. It often sells out on the day that reservations open though (14 days before the cruise?), so you have to be quick. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roomba920 said:

Has anyone here tried the Norway Tester Menu dinner in Epicurean?

What did you think?

I'll second what @Selbourne wrote. I really enjoyed it, and thought it represented good value for money, more so if you pre-book.

There are two menus, a meat/fish one and a vegetarian one. You can pick individual dishes from each; that suited me as I am a pescatarian and had a fish dish from that particular menu.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 11:29 AM, Gettingwarmer said:

I am sure that Princess has got it right by giving everybody what they want. 

They have, but the one thing that hasn't  changed is the number of dining places, and now one third of those are back to TD  which limits the numbers because they can only manage 2 seatings a night.

This is probably the same number that a bookable dining room can operate because of the numbers of empty tables that are waiting for their customers.

That will eave the walk up dining room very over stretched to accomodate everyone else who want to eat in the MDR.

anyway come September we will find out.

On 4/17/2024 at 3:00 AM, Selbourne said:

Yes. It’s only on Iona and only on one night of the cruise. It was fabulous. It often sells out on the day that reservations open though (14 days before the cruise?), so you have to be quick. 

Great, thank you. Yes, we managed to get a booking.

• Like 2

Hi everyone, I read that Olive Grove must now be booked onboard Iona. What are our chances to secure a spot for lunch or dinner on the second day of our cruise (it is a sea day and celebration night)? We don't have loyalty with P&O so are expecting to be some of the last people to board the ship.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MyriamS said:

Hi everyone, I read that Olive Grove must now be booked onboard Iona. What are our chances to secure a spot for lunch or dinner on the second day of our cruise (it is a sea day and celebration night)? We don't have loyalty with P&O so are expecting to be some of the last people to board the ship.

Boarding seems to be based on which deck you are on, so you might be lucky.

Edited by terrierjohn

38 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Do you still have to use the myholiday for dinner on Ventura or is it just turn up now like Arcadia? 

You just turn up on Ventura. If you want a table for two and they are full they will issue a pager and you can sit in a lounge or bar and wait. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MyriamS said:

If you do have late boarding, and are waiting at the terminal for your slot, you can access the My Holiday app/non-app there to make any bookings.  You need the last six digits from your boarding card to do so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gettingwarmer said:

You just turn up on Ventura. If you want a table for two and they are full they will issue a pager and you can sit in a lounge or bar and wait. 

Okay thanks. We were on 18 months ago and you had to use the myholiday. We will need a table for 4 

Just sat through a video headlined school dinner's, they went to the mdr and had a meal of pie and mash, the crime of p&o was to put a scope of mash on the plate so they called it a school dinner, yes the mash should have been tastily arranged not to offend anyone.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

Just sat through a video headlined school dinner's, they went to the mdr and had a meal of pie and mash, the crime of p&o was to put a scope of mash on the plate so they called it a school dinner, yes the mash should have been tastily arranged not to offend anyone.

Tom & Dom Travel?

• Like 1