Netflix

oakgrove girl

If you have downloaded the films already, they reside on the device and as such do not require an internet connection...

As such, hit play, no matter where you are on the ship...

bon voyage

• Like 1

Depending on your device, you'll need a USB-C/Lighting to HDMI, and an HDMI Cable to go between the device and the HDMI input on the back/side of the TV. Once connected, you can use your remote or buttons on the TV to change to the matching input and watch your content. I have read a few times that some people aren't able to get back to the ship based interactive screen after making this change, and they had to call customer Service to reset the TV. but I haven't heard of anyone getting into trouble for it. 

On all the modern flat TVs on the S and E class ships just hit the "CC" button. Then Menu. Scroll Down to Inputs and change to your HDMI.

Doing this won't require a reset of the TV. When done just turn the TV off and back on again.

Cheers

Edited by viperfoth

1 hour ago, oakgrove girl said:

Good morning.  I will be on the Apex in a few weeks. Wanted to know how to watch movies that are downloaded onto my tablet on TV in my cabin. Do I have to have wifi package?

On Apex, the TVs have the ability for screen casting.  I actually didn't try it, but I did see it was available.  Not sure whether having the wifi plan would be required to do this, but I wouldn't think so.  If you're slightly tech savvy, you should be able to figure it out.  Otherwise, the HDMI adapter would be your best bet.

2 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

On Apex, the TVs have the ability for screen casting.  I actually didn't try it, but I did see it was available.  Not sure whether having the wifi plan would be required to do this, but I wouldn't think so.  If you're slightly tech savvy, you should be able to figure it out.  Otherwise, the HDMI adapter would be your best bet.

I've tried it and the way implemented by Celebrity is flawed.   When you select casting it pops up device -   In my attempts it shows about 30 TV's all with the same name as oppose to room number or something.   After I found mine by trial and error found it was designed to work with android and need a iPhone program to pretend I was an android.   Once to the final stage I tried it and it was really choppy with lots of buffering.    I gave up.

• Thanks 2