Bid Offers - When are people seeing accepted?

mwolever

Hi All,

I know this is an ever-evolving process. We are currently 9 days out from our cruise and I have submitted upgrade bids on 3 different cabins for our family.

I'm hoping for some recent experiences with upgrades being accepted and when folks were notified.

I'm also worried because I have seen horror stories of people having their bid accepted and being charged and then they are assigned their initial cabin when boarding. 

TIA for any info!

3 hours ago, mwolever said:

Hi All,

I know this is an ever-evolving process. We are currently 9 days out from our cruise and I have submitted upgrade bids on 3 different cabins for our family.

I'm hoping for some recent experiences with upgrades being accepted and when folks were notified.

I'm also worried because I have seen horror stories of people having their bid accepted and being charged and then they are assigned their initial cabin when boarding. 

TIA for any info!

I've put bids in, but I've not had any accepted.

Based on what I've read, it depends on how many cabins that they have available, if any, in the category that you are bidding on.  Usually, it seems that the accepted bids occur close to sailing, typically within a few days of the sail date.

In terms of my bid for upgrade to YC balcony, I started just over the minimum bid (I think $1,100 per person) and increased it several times.  As the sail date approached, I had a bid in the strongest category, and I know that they had 3-5 YC exterior cabins available.  My GF and I had mixed feelings about spending an extra $2,500 to $3,000 (based on our final bids) and we figured that if MSC couldn't make up their minds roughly a week before sailing, then we were out, and a standard veranda would be good enough for us.

I've read where some with great bids got accepted immediately, but that seems to be the exception rather than the usual assignment either late in the game, or not at all.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

I've been playing the adjustment game too. When we sailed in March, we put in a YC bid about 10 days before sailing at minimum and it was accepted immediately, so I think I was spoiled by that experience 🙂

Now I am hoping and waiting and sweating because the boats are MUCH FULLER.

Thanks!

So, I have a cruise next week on the Seascape for a 7-day cruise. I originally booked my cruise in Oct 2022 and booked a balcony room (free upgrade), with the Fantastica experience and $200 OBC. Note, I am a solo traveler. I paid $805 total. I am not a big drinker and did not get a drink package.

I got an offer to bid on an upgrade last week. I place a max bid ($1000) for a Yacht Club interior room. It seemed like a good deal (I am new to cruising, only my 2nd cruise, first cruise was last year on the Carnival Elation). I am not picky and had a blast on that cruise. Yesterday I found out that my bid was accepted, but I was double upgraded to a Yacht Club Deluxe Suite. 

I am extremely excited and looking forward to the cruise. I feel that I got a great deal. A Yacht Club Deluxe Suite for $1800 on a 7-day cruise. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, MrProtractor said:

So, I have a cruise next week on the Seascape for a 7-day cruise. I originally booked my cruise in Oct 2022 and booked a balcony room (free upgrade), with the Fantastica experience and $200 OBC. Note, I am a solo traveler. I paid $805 total. I am not a big drinker and did not get a drink package.

I got an offer to bid on an upgrade last week. I place a max bid ($1000) for a Yacht Club interior room. It seemed like a good deal (I am new to cruising, only my 2nd cruise, first cruise was last year on the Carnival Elation). I am not picky and had a blast on that cruise. Yesterday I found out that my bid was accepted, but I was double upgraded to a Yacht Club Deluxe Suite. 

I am extremely excited and looking forward to the cruise. I feel that I got a great deal. A Yacht Club Deluxe Suite for $1800 on a 7-day cruise. 

That is a fantastic deal! SO excited for you!

I did get all 3 upgrades this morning on our Jan 27th sailing. While I did not get a steal like you 🙂 it was cheaper than booking YC outright. I just don't think it's worth the stress. I'll book YC in the future!

Have fun!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mwolever said:

I did get all 3 upgrades this morning on our Jan 27th sailing. While I did not get a steal like you 🙂 it was cheaper than booking YC outright. I just don't think it's worth the stress. I'll book YC in the future!

Have fun!

Would you mind letting us know what your bids were?

12 minutes ago, mwolever said:

Have fun!

Thanks mwolever!

On 1/20/2023 at 9:36 AM, Morgsmom said:

Would you mind letting us know what your bids were?

Sure! We bid 1550 (pp) on one and 1650 (pp)on the other. Obviously a pretty penny. Upgraded from balcony to YC balcony suites (Divina only has exterior rooms in YC)

We also bid 200 (pp) for an upgrade from YC Deluxe Suite to Deluxe Grand, which was also accepted.

We are broke but happy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, mwolever said:

Sure! We bid 1550 (pp) on one and 1650 (pp)on the other. Obviously a pretty penny. Upgraded from balcony to YC balcony suites (Divina only has exterior rooms in YC)

We also bid 200 (pp) for an upgrade from YC Deluxe Suite to Deluxe Grand, which was also accepted.

We are broke but happy!

Wow, Those are solid bids!!! Enjoy.

"All services that have been purchased and / or prepaid before the Winning Bid event for an upgrade in "Aurea" or "Yacht Club" experience will not be refunded if the same service, of the same or higher quality, is included in the new experience resulting from the Winning Bid. "

//a bit of a gut punch if you already bought a booze package if i understand correctly.