Have it all

vino100

8 hours ago, vino100 said:

My package includes 2 specialty dinners. I tried to book the time and date, but princess wants me to pay upfront. Is this the only way to book ahead ? 

Or you wait until you get on the ship.  There'll be the vouchers with the date, time and restaurant prebooked.  You CAN change this to when you want by calling DINE. 

If you choose to book precruise, you'll be charged but the charge will be reversed/credited either back to your card or as refundable onboard credit.  

We received the same offer.   I went ahead and booked and my credit card was charged.  About two months later, I checked Dine My Way again, and the 2 free specialty dinners were listed.  I cancelled my first booking and rebooked with a new total of zero.   I received the credit card refund that same month.  Just keep checking.

2 hours ago, CATGUY7 said:

We received the same offer.   I went ahead and booked and my credit card was charged.  About two months later, I checked Dine My Way again, and the 2 free specialty dinners were listed.  I cancelled my first booking and rebooked with a new total of zero.   I received the credit card refund that same month.  Just keep checking.

that's what I need to know - can I pre-book the dinners at no cost to me if we upgrade from PLUS to Premier - on a little 5 day cruise - the 2 specialty dinners are looking good for the increased cost.  on a longer cruise, maybe not so much.

9 hours ago, CATGUY7 said:

wow that just seems silly to me.

I know NCL if you have special dining promo, you just reserve ahead of time and no payment.

Sounds like Princess make the process harder than it needs to be.

On 1/19/2023 at 7:26 AM, justafem said:

If you choose to book precruise, you'll be charged but the charge will be reversed/credited either back to your card or as refundable onboard credit.  

That is not how it worked on the Crown Princess December 22 sailing.

I had pre booked the Crown Grill on the first night for our party of 5 adults and a child and my credit card was charged.

The morning after we dined, my onboard account had been charged for 6 adults. Guest Services said there was no record that I had paid in advance. GS had to email the Home Office and the new charge was removed the next day.

What a hassle!