Global Entry in Port of San Juan?

taterules

1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

I think Global Entry and TSA Pre -check are for airports.  When you arrive at the pier terminal its similar to checking in at other embarcation ports.  Boarding pass, passport, etc.

I believe the OP may be asking about disembarkation.  There's at least one US cruise port, Fort Lauderdale, where there are Global Entry kiosks for disembarking passengers.  Miami may have them too.

I don't know about San Juan, but it's not impossible that they're available there too.

Most large cruise ports now use facial recognition biometrics for disembarking passengers so the advantage of Global Entry is no longer as great as it once was, particularly since most passengers also no longer have to fill out customs declaration forms.  The disembarkation process is now much quicker than before even without the use of Global Entry. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2023 at 6:54 PM, mickeyhereicome said:

Was just coming to find this out as well. I read online that it does but was hoping for first hand knowledge. We will be sailing from San Juan in February so can report back if no one else updates. I know the NCL Epic is currently sailing from San Juan. Maybe ask there as well?

Great idea to ask people returning on Epic. I posted on the NCL board and got several quick and very helpful responses about Global Entry and about embarkation waits as well. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link that post in here, but you should be able to find it there easily. 

Haven't used Global Entry kiosks at all since restart.  All the ports had you do a face scan if you had a passport.  Miami, Port Everglades and Port Canaveral.  Haven't been to San Juan since restart.

• 7 months later...
On 1/19/2023 at 7:48 PM, taterules said:

Do I need to bring my Global Entry card, or just use my passport at the kiosk?

Global Entry card is only needed when entering US by car at Mexico or Canada border.