TA perks/credits

carohs

My TA added a $50 spa credit and $25 bingo package to my booking, and I usually don't do either. Will this appear as OBC or is it strictly for use as stipulated? Also what's the best and/or most economical way to use up the spa credit for someone like me who has never so much as gotten a manicure?

I believe it depends on the travel agent. When we used one, we had vouchers in our room saying “A Gift from….” and they were refundable OBC and we could use them anywhere for anything on the ship. When other family members went, their TA actually went in to the Gifts and More section of the website and did a Spa gift and they were told they had to use it in the spa, but if that is the case, not sure how the bingo $ would work since you can’t book that online. Good luck either way. As another poster has said, if you don’t use any spa treatments maybe just use it to purchase beauty products. 

11 hours ago, carohs said:

My TA added a $50 spa credit and $25 bingo package to my booking, and I usually don't do either. Will this appear as OBC or is it strictly for use as stipulated? Also what's the best and/or most economical way to use up the spa credit for someone like me who has never so much as gotten a manicure?

Our TA has told me he only does OBC for that very reason. That allows the passenger to choose what to use it for as opposed to it has to be the spa or it has to be a bottle of wine, etc.

• Like 1