Questions about sailing from Port Canaveral

teacher34

We are sailing on Feb.25 on the Magic out of Port Canaveral and we will be flying in to the Orlando/Sanford airport. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations for a hotel that could shuttle us from the airport to the hotel ? Also, does Carnival have a shuttle to take people from the Orlando/Sanford airport to the ship ?  Thanks for any help. Our trip is coming quickly  !

55 minutes ago, teacher34 said:

We are sailing on Feb.25 on the Magic out of Port Canaveral and we will be flying in to the Orlando/Sanford airport. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations for a hotel that could shuttle us from the airport to the hotel ? Also, does Carnival have a shuttle to take people from the Orlando/Sanford airport to the ship ?  Thanks for any help. Our trip is coming quickly  !

I stay at Disney, use Mears to get back to airport and then Carnival shuttles to and back from port.  

FLIGHT AND TRANSPORTATION TIMES

Airport-to-pier transportation

To purchase Carnival's transportation service, your flight must arrive at:
  • Orlando International Airport: No later than 1:00 PM on the day of your cruise.
  • Melbourne International Airport: No later than 1:00 PM on the day of your cruise.

Transportation service will be provided from:
  • Orlando International Airport between 10:00 AM and 1:30 PM.
  • Melbourne International Airport between 10:00 AM and 1:30 PM.

NOTE: Guests who purchase their own air tickets and are using Carnival's Airport Transportation are required to provide flight information via Online Check-In no later than two days prior to their cruise date. The airport is staffed based on known flight information. Once all known flights are met, the staff is released and service is no longer available.

Pier-to-airport transportation

Return flights must not be any earlier than:
  • Orlando International Airport 12:50 PM.
  • Melbourne International Airport 12:00 PM.

Transportation service will be provided during the duration of the debarkation process.

PURCHASING TRANSPORTATION

To purchase transportation, guests can either contact their travel agent or Carnival reservations directly at 1-800-327-9501. Guests can also purchase transportation by following these steps:

1. Log in to access My Cruise Manager.
  2. Click "Categories" located at the top of the web page, then select "Airport Transfers."
  3. Once on the "Airport Transfers" page, make your selection.
  4. After making your transfer purchase, return to Online Check-In and provide your flight itinerary.

Be careful of any advice you get on this subject as Sanford airport is not MCO and many people may assume you mean MCO like the first respondent. Sanford airport is near nothing and there are no hotels nearby and no regular shuttle services. You will need to schedule a shuttle. On the bright side, I love Sanford airport compared to MCO. It is nice and small and only ten minutes from my house. Unfortunately, it is also 60 miles from Port Canaveral and 45 miles from Disney. 

Edited by asalligo

There is a Best Western Plus and an Extended Stay America right by the airport. Other options would be in Lake Mary about 15 minutes drive. As mentioned Sanford/Orlando is a 60 mile drive to PC along a two lane road through rural Fla. for about 35 miles then I-95 to  Rte 528 another 25 miles to PC. I also lived 15 minutes from Sanford, flew in and out many times. Nice small airport but it's not a convenient airport. Transportation will cost you a few bucks. If the flight to Sanford offsets the high transportation cost I would do it. Otherwise I would fly into MCO. Have a great cruise.

I used goport . com. You can book a hotel and the rate includes shuttles from:

-Airport to hotel

-Hotel to cruise terminal

-Cruise terminal to airport

The rates were relatively inexpensive considering considering all of the transportation it includes.

5 hours ago, ghj624 said:

I used goport . com. You can book a hotel and the rate includes shuttles from:

-Airport to hotel

-Hotel to cruise terminal

-Cruise terminal to airport

The rates were relatively inexpensive considering considering all of the transportation it includes.

Does this go port.com include information getting from the Sanford airport ?

On 1/20/2023 at 8:17 AM, asalligo said:

Be careful of any advice you get on this subject as Sanford airport is not MCO and many people may assume you mean MCO like the first respondent. Sanford airport is near nothing and there are no hotels nearby and no regular shuttle services. You will need to schedule a shuttle. On the bright side, I love Sanford airport compared to MCO. It is nice and small and only ten minutes from my house. Unfortunately, it is also 60 miles from Port Canaveral and 45 miles from Disney. 

10 hours ago, teacher34 said:

I found a shuttle service saying they go from ground terminal in the Sanford airport to Port Canaveral. Do you think this is legit. They quoted $70 round trip. Would I be better using Uber ?

Yes, that should be legit. Price is about right.