Need help regarding countries that require VISAS

iuki

We have never been to a country that required a VISA.  We’re booked for a South Pacific Cruise on the Ovation OTS in October this year. Someone just told me that New Zealand and Australia require VISAS, and possibly Tahiti.  We booked directly with RCI.  Will they tell us which countries require a VISA?  If they don’t notify us, does their website provide the info or will they give us guidance if we call them?  How much time does it usually take to get a VISA?

HELP please!

Judy

We did South Pacific on Ovation last Nov. We are from the UK but the process is similar, done online for both countries and comes back very quickly (same day for us). 

I suggest you check out the Australia and New Zealand board on CC, some very helpful people on there about all aspects of the trip.

Link for NZ visa (make sure you use the official government sites)

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/options/visit

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

It's easy.  Just apply for an e-visitor ETA: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/evisitor-651

And I am surprised that you will actually be going to Tahiti, since they have banned large ships. 

Oct 21, the itinerary shows Papeete, Tahiti, French Polynesia.

I guess I should go back to all emails and read them all thoroughly.  Thanks.

11 hours ago, kernow said:

We did South Pacific on Ovation last Nov. We are from the UK but the process is similar, done online for both countries and comes back very quickly (same day for us). 

I suggest you check out the Australia and New Zealand board on CC, some very helpful people on there about all aspects of the trip.

Link for NZ visa (make sure you use the official government sites)

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/options/visit

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

It's easy.  Just apply for an e-visitor ETA: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/evisitor-651

And I am surprised that you will actually be going to Tahiti, since they have banned large ships. 

Only Bora Bora…large ship can still visit Papeete and Moorea. We are overnighting in Moorea on the Ovation in April, due to change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, iuki said:

We have never been to a country that required a VISA.  We’re booked for a South Pacific Cruise on the Ovation OTS in October this year. Someone just told me that New Zealand and Australia require VISAS, and possibly Tahiti.  We booked directly with RCI.  Will they tell us which countries require a VISA?  If they don’t notify us, does their website provide the info or will they give us guidance if we call them?  How much time does it usually take to get a VISA?

HELP please!

Judy

I would also suggest you join your Roll Call if you haven’t. Your Roll Call will know more than an Royal rep. Tahiti needs no visa, and Australia and NZ need an ETA. I am on the Ovation for Spring 2023 sailings and have already gotten both.

I have been to Australia twice and this will be first time to NZ. Some said they had a lot of trouble with NZETA app, but I went online and got it pretty easily. It is linked to your passport, so it’s done pretty quickly. You have plenty of time to get them. 

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, iuki said:

HELP please!

Judy

French Polynesia (Tahiti) does not require a visa for US citizens.  I was there last year and didn't need a visa. 

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

I did the Quantum Transpacific in October, from Honolulu to Brisbane. Spent my birthday on Tahiti, beautiful island and we saw whales (mother and baby) on our catamaran excursion. No visa needed. We did need visas for Australia. From Australia we cruised to New Zealand, and we needed a visa for New Zealand. We applied for them online.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2023 at 6:14 PM, Coralc said:

They do let the big ships stop there for transpacifics only I think. We stopped in Moorea overnight and Papeete on the way from Honolulu to Sydney.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShazM said:

They do let the big ships stop there for transpacifics only I think. We stopped in Moorea overnight and Papeete on the way from Honolulu to Sydney.

Thanks. I have been corrected. It is Bora Bora, that is not allowing the big ships. Which is a shame, because it is a beautiful island. I will appreciate our past stop there, even more. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2