Port Canaveral alcohol question

Crickee81

Can a 4 pack of mini Prosecco bottles (187ml each, 748 ml total) be carried on ships instead of a single 750 ml bottle? In the past I took the 750 ml size but just thought to ask about the small bottles recently.  

I’ve only found one answer and it was several years ago. 

Per policy (available on their website  via easy search):

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750-ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne, per person, in their carry-on luggage. Outside this exception, all liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided. 

Edited by crewsweeper
  • Like 2

I searched again and there are posts from November on these boards that Port Canaveral security allowed the 4 pack of mini bottles through without any questions. It was also mentioned that other ports allowed them as well and it seemed from comments that security was more focused on the total milliliters being under 750 rather than the number of bottles.

I was curious if anyone else had any experience.  

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 2:45 PM, kids-in-2-centuries said:

I carried 8 bottles (two 4-packs) through Port Canaveral and on to the Mardi Gras on 9/24/22 zipped up in my carry- on bag and not a single word was said, nobody even opened my bag.  This has been my experience every time I do it.  I will be carrying the little bottles on again on 10/15 through Miami and onto the Horizon.  I usually sail with my husband but occasionally go solo.  I've decided that the next time I go solo I'm still going to carry on wine for 2 because they never, ever open my bag or question why I have quantity for two in one bag.

This is the most recent thread mentioning this. 

These questions are tough as it seems to be very inconsistent.  My last few cruises they didn't even open my bag to inspect anything...maybe they were just cool with the scanner version, or they really didn't care.  

All that to say it may work, it may not.  The risk would be losing 3 of your 4 bottles if they do enforce the rules of 1 bottle and not fluid oz...and if you do make it through that is not an indication that the next person with a different person inspecting the bag will...

• Like 1

What is allowed and what people get away with are not the same. All carry-on beverages are supposed to be inspected, even soda. The fact that her bag wasn't even looked at tells me that someone was a bit lax in that area. They had no idea how much she was carrying on because they never looked. You can certainly try it if you want to.

• Like 1