Last minute questions.

trummy

We are new to Celebrity and will be sailing on the Reflection in two days. We are getting contradictory information on how many bottles of wine we can take on board each. We are also getting contradictory information on if we can take on canned soda. Can someone please clear this up? We appreciate it.

4 minutes ago, trummy said:

We are new to Celebrity and will be sailing on the Reflection in two days. We are getting contradictory information on how many bottles of wine we can take on board each. We are also getting contradictory information on if we can take on canned soda. Can someone please clear this up? We appreciate it.

Two 750 ml bottles of wine per person. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/before-you-board#:~:text=Embarkation day when each guest,Package or Premium Beverage Package.

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

You can bring 2 bottles per adult in the cabin. As to soft drinks, the basic answer is yes. I qualify that as I have sailed from a couple of ports recently where there was a big sign saying no drinks in containers could be brought onboard.  But in each of those I saw people doing it without being stopped.  I think the ports were Vancouver and Boston if memory serves.

• Like 1

2- 750ml (regular sized) bottles of wine. Bring these in your carry ons. Easier is you walk through with 2 each since some of the screeners have difficulty remembering what is allowable with each cruiseline. I would upload a copy of the cruise contract or Celebrity FAQs onto your cell in case you are told otherwise during screening. We were stopped during screening in Port Everglades when we had them all in the same bag. I had to pull out my phone and show the contract to the supervisor. Not really an issue, but a bit inconvenient when lots of people were trying to get past us. We've never brought soda onboard, but did carry on a case of Pellegrino when we were out of Boston and no one said anything. 

Edited by kathynorth
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

We will be on the same cruise - our first with Celebrity as well. We have our wine ready to go!

We will get ours when we get to New Orleans tomorrow. We are really excited. I bet you are too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, trummy said:

We will get ours when we get to New Orleans tomorrow. We are really excited. I bet you are too.

We are driving to Ft. Lauderdale as I type this. Going to spend a couple nights at a beach resort (nevermind that we live 20 minutes from great beaches...). Just need to get away so badly after dealing with hurricane damage and the stress it's caused both at home and at work for the last 3.5 months. No phone, no email...aaahhhhh. Bliss!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

We are driving to Ft. Lauderdale as I type this. Going to spend a couple nights at a beach resort (nevermind that we live 20 minutes from great beaches...). Just need to get away so badly after dealing with hurricane damage and the stress it's caused both at home and at work for the last 3.5 months. No phone, no email...aaahhhhh. Bliss!

I get you. We drove down to the Keys a couple of months ago and saw some of the damage. I hope you are recovering well,

We are those people who don't get an internet package when on a cruise because we want to get away from it ALL. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

We will be on the same cruise - our first with Celebrity as well. We have our wine ready to go!

Me three! Won't be packing any wine but keep going back and forth on a 12-pack of Coke. I know wine has to be carried on, would the same rule apply to soft drinks?

3 minutes ago, miguelmia said:

Me three! Won't be packing any wine but keep going back and forth on a 12-pack of Coke. I know wine has to be carried on, would the same rule apply to soft drinks?

If you pack any beverage in your checked luggage you risk the chance of being called down to the naughty room for further inspection. After that delay, you are responsible for schlepping your luggage to your stateroom. IMO, no way to start out a cruise. 

• Thanks 1