Live from the Celebration 1/22/23 cruise

jimbo5544

16 hours ago, Thenagers said:

How was it? We are debating all the beach clubs along that stretch?

There are many along the way.  It was a nice day and there are a ton of shops along the way.  Would not hesitate to go again.  

34 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I doubt there would be a ton of noise.  That said, my vote would be higher is much better.   The people on the first level were def on display from my standpoint.  That is why I always take 15.  

The only aft corner left when I booked our MG sailing for next month was on deck 9 port (larger balcony, though that extended part definitely puts you out in the open). At least it's not on starboard, where we'd also have to contend with the noise/antics in the hot tubs. When we were on her last (deck 12 aft corner) I said "higher is better". That still goes, but beggars can't be choosers, lol !

Tom

• Like 2

On 1/25/2023 at 7:06 PM, jimbo5544 said:

I do not like to add to rumor mills on this site, but thought I would report something that ahppened that is kind of unique and has never happened to us before.  Not long after we left Costa Maya, the Captain came on with an important announcement.  They had a medical emergency where they needed someone who was a blood donor, had a donor card and had a certain blood type.  They were asking for everyone matching their needs to come to the Piano Bar.  We ahd someone on our group that matched the bllod type and we hurried down there.  They were overwhelmed with people trying to help.  In our world of self entitlements and political isolation, I was extremely please t see the number of people who jumped to action.  Nice job Carnval Celebration cruisers.  

We've had that exact same thing happen on Celebrity, with the same response.  Maybe cruisers are just good people!

How was it leaving the port after disembarking the ship with the marathon happening? I just booked a cruise on the Celebration for January of 2024 and just found out the marathon will be happening the day we arrive back in Miami just like it was for you. I just want to know what to expect once we get back so that I can plan our airfare times / shuttles appropriately.

We were on same cruise. We parked in the parking garage. It took 70 minutes to get out of that garage. In car at 830 out of lot 940. Unsure if this is marathon traffic or slow parking attendants. Then traffic was heavy after pulling out of tunnel. A lot of construction along that stretch of roadway also. We are not big fans of driving into port of Miami. May be better with shuttle or carnival shuttle.  

15 hours ago, May1cruiser said:

We were on same cruise. We parked in the parking garage. It took 70 minutes to get out of that garage. In car at 830 out of lot 940. Unsure if this is marathon traffic or slow parking attendants. Then traffic was heavy after pulling out of tunnel. A lot of construction along that stretch of roadway also. We are not big fans of driving into port of Miami. May be better with shuttle or carnival shuttle.  

Took nearly an hour Jan 15th, the port needs work for certain.

13 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Looking forward to our experience at (our local!) Pt Canaveral later this month on the Mardi Gras, not so much for our trip/experience in Miami in May for the Celebration.

Does Carnival still sail out of Pt. Everglades ? 

Tom

They do not. Wish they did. Get free rooms at Hard Rock.......LOL

Edited by d12j28

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Looking forward to our experience at (our local!) Pt Canaveral later this month on the Mardi Gras, not so much for our trip/experience in Miami in May for the Celebration.

Does Carnival still sail out of Pt. Everglades ? 

Tom

We go out of Miami for most of our trips.  The experience for the Celebration for NYE cruise was excellent.

We were dropped off at the port by my BIL.  The porters took our luggage immediately.  We went through security (this was around 11 AM) and were on the ship by noon.

The new terminal (F) is huge and beautiful. Very well organized.

• Like 1

Debark was a little crazy since there was a ton of Diamonds.  This was the staging area at Center stage while we waited.  We were also a little late getting to the pier.  As we cane down the shoot there was a tug gooked up to the stern by a line. Cannot remember that before. 

18ABC10E-40FE-483C-B13F-A11CF2A8BCC8.jpeg

2071FC6E-2F55-4092-895E-C3081BA3880F.jpeg

C213E258-B619-4C11-9FD8-84BBB2AB5CBF.jpeg