Have it all, dining reservations

snowmouse

Initially I did not add the Have it All option, we were just thinking we would add the signature drink package.  Now, however, we are about three weeks from sail and are being offered HIA for only $50/day.  Obviously, now this makes sense.  My question is about how you are credited for the specialty dining and shore excursion .  If we make reservations and prepay online, can these be applied to our account?  I would really like to book ahead for our choice of times, but don't want to pay if I can't be reimbursed with the credit.

Just now, snowmouse said:

Initially I did not add the Have it All option, we were just thinking we would add the signature drink package.  Now, however, we are about three weeks from sail and are being offered HIA for only $50/day.  Obviously, now this makes sense.  My question is about how you are credited for the specialty dining and shore excursion .  If we make reservations and prepay online, can these be applied to our account?  I would really like to book ahead for our choice of times, but don't want to pay if I can't be reimbursed with the credit.

I’m curious how much more the HIA was when you first decided not to get it.  We booked our cruise a couple months ago and $50 a day is what it was then.  I think that’s all we have ever paid.  Once you have the HIA package added to your reservation you can easily make the included dinner and shore excursion reservations through the navigator app.  There will be a box to check (easy to find) that indicates you want to use your free perk and you will not be charged at all.  

I can't remember the cost exactly , but it seemed much higher.  The cost of adding the beverage package ahead of sailing is $45/day.  For $5/day totaling $35 on our 7 day, seems like a no brainer to receive the additional amenities.  Am I missing something?  I bought the cruise on an impulse as a gift for DH on Christmas Eve, so it is a little fuzzy.

1 hour ago, snowmouse said:

I can't remember the cost exactly , but it seemed much higher.  The cost of adding the beverage package ahead of sailing is $45/day.  For $5/day totaling $35 on our 7 day, seems like a no brainer to receive the additional amenities.  Am I missing something?  I bought the cruise on an impulse as a gift for DH on Christmas Eve, so it is a little fuzzy.

I find the price for the hia on some cruises is very high, much more than the $50 per day.

1 hour ago, snowmouse said:

My question is about how you are credited for the specialty dining and shore excursion .  If we make reservations and prepay online, can these be applied to our account?  I would really like to book ahead for our choice of times, but don't want to pay if I can't be reimbursed with the credit.

Once you have the HIA added, your shore excursion credits and dining credits will show up in your booking info for your cruise. If/when you book a shorex or a dinner reservation in one of the included venues, it will automatically be applied as a credit (unless you select that you do NOT want it applied.)

I am in the process of working through this right now. I'm not sure but I think that if you have multiple excursions in your "basket", the discount will be applied to the most expensive ones. The problem I'm having is that several excursions I want are already waitlisted....  

19 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Once you have the HIA added, your shore excursion credits and dining credits will show up in your booking info for your cruise. If/when you book a shorex or a dinner reservation in one of the included venues, it will automatically be applied as a credit (unless you select that you do NOT want it applied.)

I am in the process of working through this right now. I'm not sure but I think that if you have multiple excursions in your "basket", the discount will be applied to the most expensive ones. The problem I'm having is that several excursions I want are already waitlisted....  

Many of my choices are waitlisted also.  I did go ahead and add it and used it toward a dining reservation which worked great.

Looking at the shore excursion options, most that are available are far under that threshold.  It seems the credit is for one excursion only regardless of cost.  So if we use if for something that is $40, we leave the rest of the credit on the table, correct?

3 minutes ago, snowmouse said:

Many of my choices are waitlisted also.  I did go ahead and add it and used it toward a dining reservation which worked great.

Looking at the shore excursion options, most that are available are far under that threshold.  It seems the credit is for one excursion only regardless of cost.  So if we use if for something that is $40, we leave the rest of the credit on the table, correct?

No it can be used on something else until the balance is zero.  It used to be the way you described.

42 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I find the price for the hia on some cruises is very high, much more than the $50 per day.

I just calculate it for our 2024, 28-day day TA cruise, and it is $142.86/day.  I wonder  if a beverage package, if such is still available, and how much it would cost, would be preferable to the HIA.  Any thoughts?  

2 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

I just calculate it for our 2024, 28-day day TA cruise, and it is $142.86/day.  I wonder  if a beverage package, if such is still available, and how much it would cost, would be preferable to the HIA.  Any thoughts?  

Don't know.  I'm not much of a drinker.  What I like about hia is being able to have some perrier during the day and maybe a virgin caesar.  I generally have 2 or 3 drinks at night so the beverage package alone isn't much of a draw.

4 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Don't know.  I'm not much of a drinker.  What I like about hia is being able to have some perrier during the day and maybe a virgin caesar.  I generally have 2 or 3 drinks at night so the beverage package alone isn't much of a draw.

Do beverage packages still exist or is one required to buy HIA to get one?  And if they do exit, what is the current price for the beverage package?

2 hours ago, snowmouse said:

After a glitch in its launching (where it was one excursion up to $100), the shore excursion credit is now $100 towards ShoreX. If less than $100, you will have the excess to apply to another tour... but not to anything else (it does not become OBC at any time, even if no tours are available). 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

My four cruises with HIA in fall of 2022 were all approximately $50/day per person.  Was that $142.86 per person or for 2 people?  Never heard of it being that high!!!

11 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

Do beverage packages still exist or is one required to buy HIA to get one?  And if they do exit, what is the current price for the beverage package?

Yes, they still exist, and they are listed on the HAL website.  All adults in the cabin must purchase if one does.

Cruise Drink & Beverage Packages | Holland America Line

~Nancy

10 hours ago, oakridger said:

My four cruises with HIA in fall of 2022 were all approximately $50/day per person.  Was that $142.86 per person or for 2 people?  Never heard of it being that high!!!

Yes, they still exist, and they are listed on the HAL website.  All adults in the cabin must purchase if one does.

~Nancy

I’ve seen many, many instances of it being ridiculously high.  Maybe you’ve been lucky.  Rarely do I see if for $50 but I’m Canadian so it’s going to easily be $70 cdn.  Usually it’s a lot more.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, oakridger said:

~Nancy

Thank you for your response.  The $142.86 was for two people.  The HAI was an additional $4,000 for the 28 days.  I have since read the description a little more closely and, to my relief, it does include crew appreciation, so I now consider it worthwhile.  Hence, no need for a separate beverage package, but I do appreciate your info.  One never knows when it might be needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1