Question about booking specialty dining - late

aviators99

First time on Celebrity.  I'm realizing late that on one of the nights I'd like to eat in the Tuscan Grill.  It is too late to get the time I would want.  The app only shows 9pm available.  I'm just wondering if there is any potential for me to get in earlier, whether by waiting until I'm on the ship, or doing something in advance.  I have a concierge cabin, so is this something I might use the concierge for?  The answer that I'm likely S.O.L. is a fine answer, if that's the story.

11 minutes ago, aviators99 said:

Thanks, will do. So don't even bother with the concierge? And do you think I should book the 9pm just in case? 

You could do that and when onboard go to any of the stewards taking reservations who are usually around the Ocean View Cafe or the main dining room Maitre d' immediately on boarding and change it to a better time, if available. 

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, aviators99 said:

Thanks, will do. So don't even bother with the concierge? And do you think I should book the 9pm just in case? 

Yes to both:

1.  Don't bother with the concierge - The specialty restaurants handle their own reservations, so speak to them.  You can speak to anyone "selling" specialty restaurant reservations (sometimes I have even seen them on the pier)-but that is likely a person only able to fill available spots.  So, if that is unsuccessful, I do suggest you go to the restaurant you want to go to (Tuscan Grill) and speak to the Maitre d of that room.  That person would be the final word on it.

2.  Yes, book the 9pm just in case as long as you can "deal with" eating that late if you have to.  As long as that is better than not being able to go at all.

• Like 1