Favorite Drink On Your NCL Cruise

like2cruise

39 minutes ago, farmecologist said:

I think we will mostly stick to the "specialty" bars for a properly made drink ( Sugarcane Mojito bar, District Brewhouse, Maltings Whiskey bar, Cellars, etc... )

We have never had great luck at the "general" bars onboard cruise ships...unless the drinks are very simple.  👍

With that said, I have heard good things about the Cavern bar.

Best Made drinks are at the Haven Bar!!!!! OMG they are artists

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, farmecologist said:

Good to know.  However, I'm always too cheap to pull the trigger on the Haven...lol.

1st Haven I won through bidding, now i cant go back...wife now calls me high maintenance lol

• Like 2

On 1/23/2023 at 2:44 AM, Sydneyberlin said:

We also enjoy wines with dinner and are quite curious about the beer bar on our upcoming Encore cruise in April.

Sydney - I highly recommend the Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA, if you're a fan of IPAs. It's a local (Delaware/MD) brewery, but I saw it listed on some of the ships! It packs a punch too (9% ABV)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, evanskl4 said:

Sydney - I highly recommend the Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA, if you're a fan of IPAs. It's a local (Delaware/MD) brewery, but I saw it listed on some of the ships! It packs a punch too (9% ABV)

Cool that they appear to have some good IPAs on board.  Was the 90 minute IPA on tap?

Does Delaware/MD have a good brewery scene? 

Our daughter went to the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities and then worked there for a year.  Minneapolis has a ridiculously good local brewery scene.  I swear there is a brewery every few blocks...tons of variety.  👍 She could walk to about 4 or 5 of them from her place.  She is in North Carolina now and the breweries are not nearly as good in her area ( Chapel hill )....BUT they do have the https://theraleighbeergarden.com/ nearby.  That place is amazing.

Edited by farmecologist
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, farmecologist said:

Cool that they appear to have some good IPAs on board.  Was the 90 minute IPA on tap?

Does Delaware/MD have a good brewery scene? 

Yep - I saw it listed on tap on a District Brewhouse menu.

We have a decent scene here with alot of local breweries of varying quality, but I'm sure it's nothing like in Minneapolis!
I'm pretty sure I've been to that beer garden before...it was really cool!

• Like 1

On 1/23/2023 at 2:44 AM, Sydneyberlin said:

We love French champagne and can easily down the equivalent of 3 bottles over rye cause of one day and night which is the prime reason for always getting the premium plus package, we love it. 

But it sounds as if this is specifically about cocktails: I love my morning Bloody Mary while my other half prefers Mimosa (with French champagne, of course, preferably Veuve). By the pool, it’s Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri for me and frozen Mudslide for him. In the evening, I’m partial to a dirty Vodka Martini or just a double Scottish Malt Whisky.

We also enjoy wines with dinner and are quite curious about the beer bar on our upcoming Encore cruise in April.

Wot ?!? No Coopers? For shame…

My Better Half enjoys Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey.

Cheers!

Edited by Crown Vic

Well wife and I are pretty simple, Bloody Mary’s from Haven bar in Morning, Miami Vice on pool deck to start, then switch to Mich Ultra for the afternoon and at night the wife goes with Tito’s neat and I switch to whiskey sours

17 minutes ago, wolft927 said:

Well wife and I are pretty simple, Bloody Mary’s from Haven bar in Morning, Miami Vice on pool deck to start, then switch to Mich Ultra for the afternoon and at night the wife goes with Tito’s neat and I switch to whiskey sours

Wow...Titos neat eh?  That's some dedication!  It is good stuff though....👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 6:15 PM, like2cruise said:

We have a fairly long list of cocktails that we enjoy...but I always like to get ideas for new ones to try that other cruisers enjoy to add to my drink list especially any ones that are more specific to NCL if anyone has any suggestions :)!

We are not in Haven...but I did read someone really liked the Rum Cake...does anyone know if that is a drink that we can get at another bar onboard?  We are sailing on the Breakaway in February.  

Thanks & Cheers!!

Matador at O Sheehan pub is excellent!
Blast off in sugarcane mojitos bar !

Pain killer by pool side with a Meyers dark rum floater!
Ginger mojito and wife loved the pineapple mojitos!
 Not Ncl but if on RCL try a Boston Ice Tea better than a Long Island Ice Tea!
If in Barbados 🇧🇧 try the Banks Beer best in Caribbean!

Typically I am a champagne and wine drinker…but on our last cruise we didn’t have the Premier Plus upgrade…and the Prosecco they were serving was the complimentary DUC sparking something.  So, I took the Opportunity to try some new things.  Mudslide…nice mocha milkshake.  Painkiller…meh.  Sangria Froze…yum, yum.  Botanical Spritz…only found one bar with the Grapefruit/Rose vodka…and no grapefruit wedge, but was a really nice switch from wine and sugary drinks. But I wouldn’t turn any of them down🤣

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1

So we do not the the Premium drink package so we can't order Champaign without a charge. My question is: With the regular FAS drink package can I order a a glass of Prosecco or a drink with it in it? 

Edited by uneamie

7 hours ago, uneamie said:

So we do not the the Premium drink package so we can't order Champaign without a charge. My question is: With the regular FAS drink package can I order a a glass of Prosecco or a drink with it in it? 

NCL has some on their drink menus.  Two that come to mind are: Aperol Spritz and Bellini.

They do make others.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, uneamie said:

Yes. All the Prosecco you want.  The Prosecco they serve is actually pretty tasty IMO.  

• Like 2

My hubby and I aren't big drinkers. We have the odd mixed berries cider and that's about it. Are there any of them on board? Kopparberg, rekorderlig, old mout etc?

But saying that, I think I need to try a mango meltdown, and I'd love to try a bellini. 😋

Just back from the Joy on the Feb 12-19th sailing.  

We tried almost all the bars...We liked Sugarcane the best the first couple days.  We tried nearly all of the Mojitos...the Jalapeno Mojito and Ginger Mojito were our favorites. 

And then we discovered Maltings.  Wow...what an awesome bar!  The bartender there is stellar and truly seems to enjoy her job.  Truly an upscale experience even though we only had the basic drink package.  Never really busy either, which was surprising...a hidden gem on the ship, for sure.  The Matador was our favorite, with the Woodford Old Fashioned and Negroni close behind.  On a couple slow evenings, she even made us a "smoky old fashioned", a Mezcal Margarita ( nice smoky flavor ), and also made us a couple unnamed drinks of her own creation.  She even gave us a couple "tastes" of a couple upscale liquors...I forgot which ones they were ( definitely not Louis VIII though 🤣). 

The only thing we missed is not having a dedicated martini bar on the ship, but Maltings more than made up for it.  👍 I was able to get an Espresso martini in the atrium bar though ( which was upcharged, as expected ).

Edited by farmecologist
  • Like 2