Beach day

nasus2

this site is so useful. We visit St Lucia in March and are looking for beach day . Has anyone seen or visited The Landings hotel and spa . I think it’s on Reduit beach.

are there restaurants / beach shacks ; bars readily accessible - don’t really want hotel food or bar prices .

Thanks in advance 

sue 

4 hours ago, nasus2 said:

this site is so useful. We visit St Lucia in March and are looking for beach day . Has anyone seen or visited The Landings hotel and spa . I think it’s on Reduit beach.

are there restaurants / beach shacks ; bars readily accessible - don’t really want hotel food or bar prices .

Thanks in advance 

sue 

There are bars/restaurants on Reduit Beach, also sunbed and umbrella renters. Plenty of taxis available there and back.

Additional.

Ask taxi to drop one at Spinnakers  Bar/Restaurant and walk down the beach to select a preference spot for bed rental and refreshments.

Taxi about $35 e/w pus tip.  Beds and umbrella say $25 

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Additional

The Landings is not in Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay. It is located north if Gros Islet, basically on its own stretch of beach .. 

If you head to Landings beach, you'll be paying hotel food and drink prices for average hotel food.

The nearest restaurants and bars to Landings are you by Pigeon Island, with two or three food hours on the beach outside the park and two great options inside the park 

Reduit Beach is in Rodney Bay, and has several restaurants and bars along it - Marie's Fish Shack for a very local restaurant and bar, wicked rum punch. Spinnakers for great sit down casual beachfront dining. SL Yacht Club, Sea Grapes, Lid the Roti Lady, couple food huts by Bay Gardens, etc. Watersports for hire, chairs and umbrellas, typical Caribbean beach experience..

Vigie Beach is right near the port, 39 minutes walk, 6-7 minutes cab ride. Small boardwalk with local restaurants and bars, bathrooms, chairs, loads of natural shade, etc..

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your comments - very helpful .

my family and I are planning a beach day at deduct beach but 2 want day hotel ( mystique 130$) whereas other two ( including me) just want beach day with chair and umbrella and local Caribbean food  and drinks. Is it possible for us to rent beds in front of mystique so we will at least be close to each other, I understand we go to spinnerkers  and turn left . Or is mystique a private part of the beach ? 

12 hours ago, nasus2 said:

Thank you for your comments - very helpful .

my family and I are planning a beach day at deduct beach but 2 want day hotel ( mystique 130$) whereas other two ( including me) just want beach day with chair and umbrella and local Caribbean food  and drinks. Is it possible for us to rent beds in front of mystique so we will at least be close to each other, I understand we go to spinnerkers  and turn left . Or is mystique a private part of the beach ? 

Personally, for $130 one would suggest you all take the All Inclusive option.

Mystique does no own part of the beach….