NCL payment issues on their system...almost fell off my chair.

schmoopie17

I just went into our reservation for our upcoming Prima cruise and saw a link that said "Complete Payment". Since we paid our cruise in full in November I couldn't imagine what other payment would be due. After going further, it said we have an outstanding balance of $686 and there was a button to "Make Payment" YIKES!!

I quickly did an online chat and was told they are having system issues and that our cruise is, in fact, paid in full.

Just posting this for others who may have the same issue.

I had the same experience! 

I have a cruise in 3 weeks, went to check-in, and my paid-in-full was showing a balance due of $0, and things like $365, $750, or $1500, depending on the browser/when I refresh. 

I couldn't figure out the math, but some of the balances due matched things I didn't pay for, like FAS+, or unlimited internet. I checked-in without issue and got my eDocs. NCL also confirmed to me in chat that there issues.

I had the same issue this morning on my son's reservation, only his said $868. They fixed it within 10 minutes of me contacting them. I was mostly worried about it being cancelled and them losing their room.

37 minutes ago, hallux said:

They're using some kind of new math for mine...

image.png.30ea54c5282a7ec839ec820d4a0135b5.png

mine was something similar.   I kept doing the math over and over, then realized they were missing the insurance in the total.  Did a refresh and our "credit" was gone, but the math added up.

I'm still getting a different balance due every time I try to get into my booking which leaves on February 11th...It's been paid in full since October, LOL!  The shore excursions are all screwed up as well.  I was looking for a couple of quick ones to book but the descriptions aren't matching the port, so I don't have any confidence that I'll actually end up with anything that I want.  It's going to be a long Monday for the NCL IT Dept.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ryanpatricksmom said:

I'm still getting a different balance due every time I try to get into my booking which leaves on February 11th...It's been paid in full since October, LOL!  The shore excursions are all screwed up as well.  I was looking for a couple of quick ones to book but the descriptions aren't matching the port, so I don't have any confidence that I'll actually end up with anything that I want.  It's going to be a long Monday for the NCL IT Dept.

as someone who works in IT, I'm very happy to say that I don't work for NCL :)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

as someone who works in IT, I'm very happy to say that I don't work for NCL 🙂

A problem of this magnitude and nature would've been all hands on deck (literally) for the weekend in my company.  Trying to figure out how change control and rollback could've failed so badly.

• Thanks 1

I have an interesting story regarding amounts owing. I called to inquire as to why my attempt to buy a dining package hadn’t gone through. No problem says the helpful lady, and she fixes it. 
But, then she says there’s $81.30 owing on your excursion & if you don’t pay it, it will be cancelled. Nothing is showing on my end & I have a receipt that says paid in full. She snaps “well I can see it”. I ask her to send me a screen shot & she declines. At my request, she tracks down a supervisor. Then she comes back to say the supervisor noted that my ta had declined commission, therefore the 81.30 is no longer owed! *****? My ta has certainly NOT declined her commission! 

My account has shown the correct balance for 3 days in a row after days of random numbers for the balance due. 

For me it was always some variation of the pre-paid gratuities amount as much as I can figure.  I had not paid that yet and was waiting until close to my sailing date.