Help a Rusty Cruiser.. Rome to Civitavecchia planning time

st3ph888

Hi Folks,  I'm cruising this May out of Civitavecchia, wanting to pre-book my transport and I'm good on finding a company, but I cannot for the life of me remember how to plan what time to arrive at the cruise terminal.  We don't yet have the ability to check-in and potentially select our time to board. No clue what we've done in the past.. I may have been more willing to roll with the punches since we were cruising domestically and I knew I'd figure it out.  Should I wait until 21 days out to finalize this detail or can someone give me a good rule of thumb to square this detail away? If I wait, will I have trouble booking a car only 3 weeks out? 

I know we depart at 5pm, all guests must be onboard by 3pm.  It's an hour and a half drive, so call it 2 hours for the transit.. which makes me think I absolutely must be in a car by 1pm.  I was thinking 11am just to give us a nice buffer?

12 minutes ago, st3ph888 said:

Hi Folks,  I'm cruising this May out of Civitavecchia, wanting to pre-book my transport and I'm good on finding a company, but I cannot for the life of me remember how to plan what time to arrive at the cruise terminal.  We don't yet have the ability to check-in and potentially select our time to board. No clue what we've done in the past.. I may have been more willing to roll with the punches since we were cruising domestically and I knew I'd figure it out.  Should I wait until 21 days out to finalize this detail or can someone give me a good rule of thumb to square this detail away? If I wait, will I have trouble booking a car only 3 weeks out? 

I know we depart at 5pm, all guests must be onboard by 3pm.  It's an hour and a half drive, so call it 2 hours for the transit.. which makes me think I absolutely must be in a car by 1pm.  I was thinking 11am just to give us a nice buffer?

You can definitely reserve transportation now. For example, we have used Rome Cabs in the past and have already reserved our car for the next trip, not for another several months. When you get your boarding time,, just email them and they will adjust the pick up time. The trip should take no more than 1 1/2 hours. This is the site where you can get the most current berth info for your ship.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, st3ph888 said:

Book the transfer now and tell the company you don't have a boarding time yet, but will let them know as soon as you know. 

Let the transfer company tell you at what time they will pick you up.  They know the traffic conditions at various times on various days. That's their job, not yours.  Companies such as Rome Cabs are flexible and will work with you to get you where you are going. 

• Like 1