Been a long time.... quesitions

Duanerice1

Hi all,

Haven't sailed on Celebrity since 2018, I know, I know.....  Been on a few cruises since then but not Celebrity.  I've searched and can't seem to find the answers but I think that is more a reflection on my searching abilities.    I will be on a 9 night Equinox ABC cruise in April.

Whew I left Celebrity, room service was free, at least from something like 6 AM - 11 PM.  Do they still have it?  Just got off another cruise line and they just started charging for room service.  We get breakfast room service daily and  spend at least 1 sea day on our balcony and order room service.  We have the first off the hump balcony so we love to use the space.

Elite party is gone but I think we get free drinks (limited menu) from 5-7 nightly after the first night.  Is this correct?

How early can we check in and do they use specific times?  We are only Elite and in a 1A so no special check in privileges. 

Thanks all, can't wait to get back to the line I love.  This is my wife's first time on Celebrity after a few Carnival cruises so I'm hoping she's impressed.

Oh, one last thing...... We love the comedy shows and the last few cruises had 4 shows some nights (2 early PG and 2 late R rated), but had at least one comedy show nightly.  I don't remember Celebrity having that many shows.....

Welcome back!  I guess you missed the drama over the room service charges along with various cuts to the OVC. So here’s the skinny:

room service is available for continental breakfast between a set time (6-11, I think) but hot breakfast will incur a $9.95 fee plus 18% grats…. As will any other room service at other times of day. And you can only order from a set menu…No MDR menu allowed. 

Once you check in you will receive a boarding time. We were given several boarding times to pick from. Not sure if this is the norm but we chose 11am which was the first option. 

Elite drinks are for sure from 5-7 except on night one… not sure of the rationale for omitting embarkation day. 

OVC has been severely cut back during dinner service. There are several threads detailing the offerings. 

Suffice it to say it’s different now than 2018 but if you go in with an open mind and the right attitude, you’re sure to have a great cruise!

• Thanks 1