Waitlist Probability

rim2rimhiker

Hi, I’ve never cruised on Regent and it’s rare to find a cruise with the Panama Canal to actually work with my wife’s teaching schedule.  I found a wonderful 16 day cruise over Christmas and New Year’s but it shows “waitlist”.  How likely would an opening occur?  Is it worth trying to reserve?

I believe that if you book in the USA there is only a small penalty for cancelling before final payment is due therefore, quite a few suites (usually) become available at this time so fingers crossed you get something. I feel your pain as both my hubbie and I were teachers and have just taken early retirement - the freedom of not being stuck with school holidays 😁

• Like 1

I waitlisted for this past Christmas/New Years on Splendor through the canal.  I think I cleared in around two weeks (due to status I was told) but others also cleared; just took a little while.  I did five categories but got my first preference.  That said, I believe you might be considering Grandeur for her first Christmas/New Years through the canal so might be a little harder (i.e., a lot in front of you on waitlist).

Marc

We've had some good luck with waitlists. Waitlisted the Navigator at the end of March (Amazon) and got a bottom bottom cabin. I watched almost daily for anything to loosen up. Lo and behold a C penthouse in a nice location (NOT stern) turned up and jumped on it before our TA was even aware of it. Also did a very late waitlist for the Splendor's 2 weeker (Feb. 8). Our TA told us that it had been waitlisted for  LONG time and was somewhat doubtful. Again, we got lucky and although we're in the lowest of the low (a closet with a porch...giggle) we were thrilled to be able to go. So long story short, if you can,

throw some money on a deposit and then hope for the best. I think more times than not, you'll get something! Good Luck!!

Actually, we're booked on this same cruise, cleared thru the waitlist.

First thing, put down the $500/pp deposit, it is fully refundable and gives you priority over the no-deposit WL(apparently there are two WLs, standard practice in the industry.)

We listed in three categories, as others have said, costs no more, increases your odds of clearing.  

We WLed in July 2022, confirmed a couple weeks ago.

Good luck!

"I watched almost daily for anything to loosen up. Lo and behold a C penthouse in a nice location (NOT stern) turned up and jumped on it before our TA was even aware of it. "

Mudhen, can you explain how to see the cabins available?  Thanks.  Barbara

There is an online cruise agency that lists all available cabins. Unfortunately as per CC rules, I cannot post the web site. If you do a dummy booking with Regent, if there's anything available, they may (or may not) show cabins. Even when cabins are available, they'll only list about 6 cabins per cabin grade.

Sorry I can't give you more info.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 1/25/2023 at 1:38 PM, BWR47CT said:

"I watched almost daily for anything to loosen up. Lo and behold a C penthouse in a nice location (NOT stern) turned up and jumped on it before our TA was even aware of it. "

Mudhen, can you explain how to see the cabins available?  Thanks.  Barbara

Hi There - we are waitlisted out of Miami on Feb 17 2024 - how were you able to see that something opened up? Thanks much!