What to do in Grand Turk

donnavb5

WE are sailing May 13th. But will be meeting a friend from CA that is crusing with us. She is in her 70's but in good health. My husband and I are in our 50's. I'm thinking of doing the Buggy ride thing? What do you all suggest?

WE are sailing May 13th. But will be meeting a friend from CA that is crusing with us. She is in her 70's but in good health. My husband and I are in our 50's. I'm thinking of doing the Buggy ride thing? What do you all suggest?

Are you on Elation on the 14th, if so join our roll call.

I haven't been to Grand Turk, but spent a week in Providenciales or Provo as they call it locally. I don’t know what excursions are going to be available to you from Grand Turk, but if you can get to Provo, there is almost the best snorkeling in the world there. I’m also 70 and no swimmer but I could snorkel there. On the other side of the island you can pick up as many conch shells as you would like to gather. Shopping wise there is not much on Provo - good food tho!

I just read a thread over on the HAL boards about Grand turk, that had some nice pictures and a link to a web site with more info..... it is a very new stop and there isn't too much info. available yet. Check out the tread, it was tiltled "anyone back from Grand Turk" (I think :)) . We are stopping there in May during our cruise, I can't wait.... especially since I just found out there is a Margaritaville there :) :) :)

I made my first visit to Grand Turk last November onboard the Crystal Serenity. I've had a good friend who lives on Providenciales (Provo). He had advised that other than diving/snorkeling there was not a lot to do on Grand Turk. But all that is changing now that Carnival Corp. has completed their new cruise center complex. Visit the website at http://www.grandturkcc.com.

As for my visit, I chose to take a short 25 min. flight over to Provo for the day; & I'm very glad I did. The island is beautiful. When I came back to the ship & showed the pictures I had taken, everyone was envious of it's beauty. I wish that cruise lines could offer a shore excursion to Provo. But it would take planes much larger than their short runways are capable of handling. I'm back on the Serenity this Nov.; & back to Grand Turk again. I plan to spend it doing exactly the same thing. BTW, round trip ticket was $160. Both SkyKing & Air Turks & Caicos (9-12 seaters) have flights that leave about every 60-90 minutes to Provo & back. Hope you enjoy your visit. :)

PLEASE, let me know how it goes there. We are going on the Elation 9/03 and celebrating my brothers 50th birthday and my mom is 70, so any help with excursions will be great!!!

We are stopping there in May during our cruise, I can't wait.... especially since I just found out there is a Margaritaville there :) :) :)

Where did you see this? I didn't see any mention of it on the M'ville website.

Archived