Holland America Navigator App Set up

Midwest Sunseeker

We are trying to download the Navigator app for an up coming cruise.  What system have you found works best for using the app onboard and seeing spending history?  Should both people download their own app to their phones under different emails? Is their a way to link the two logins together so that we can both look at the others accounts?  Thank you for your help.

Devices require the same email address for internet, I presume this is how the system identifies users who have paid for one internet plan covering all devices in your cabin. In my case 2 phones and two PCs. Only one device can be used at a time.

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

We won't have internet on our cruise. In order for DH and me to communicate by text through Navigator, do we each need separate logins?

Yes, you will need separate logins to use the chat feature.   It is not the greatest chat feature.  I seem to never get a notification that I have a message waiting.  

• Like 2

Navigator is not a great app but we did ok with it. DH and I were able to chat as roommates. We do not have separate HAL accounts and we share an email account so we could not do “separate” Navigator apps. We were traveling with family so only I could chat with DH but I could chat with all the others and they could chat with me, then I had to relay to DH. Sending a message to multiple people was awkward and required a copy and paste for each person. No option to send to more than one person at a time.  Those who had internet plans wound up texting or emailing, but we didn’t have internet so we were limited to Navigator, which is free and doesn’t require internet. 

Guest Services was helpful setting up our Navigator apps once on board. We had it downloaded to our phones prior to boarding by then it needed to be activated? once on board. Prior to boarding you won’t have full access to Navigator functions. 

Our accounts were combined and visible on our phones and on the TV. 
m—

1 hour ago, RMLincoln said:

Navigator is not a great app but we did ok with it. DH and I were able to chat as roommates. We do not have separate HAL accounts and we share an email account so we could not do “separate” Navigator apps. We were traveling with family so only I could chat with DH but I could chat with all the others and they could chat with me, then I had to relay to DH. Sending a message to multiple people was awkward and required a copy and paste for each person. No option to send to more than one person at a time.  Those who had internet plans wound up texting or emailing, but we didn’t have internet so we were limited to Navigator, which is free and doesn’t require internet. 

Guest Services was helpful setting up our Navigator apps once on board. We had it downloaded to our phones prior to boarding by then it needed to be activated? once on board. Prior to boarding you won’t have full access to Navigator functions. 

Our accounts were combined and visible on our phones and on the TV. 
m—

Thank you.  It turns out the app came back up last night.  I'm confused about the "activate" part once onboard.  Once I connect to ship's wifi, it should work?