What is the current max age limit on snorkeling excursions

Guest ldtr

What are people seeing as the max age limit on snorkeling excursions in the Caribbean on Celebrity?  Unfortunately their web site does not give that detail prior to booking.  

It's a limit imposed by the vendors (or more to the point by the vendor's insurance carriers), so it varies from excursion to excursion, and so there's no answer that will apply Caribbean wide.  You can even see variation between excursions at the same port.

Harris

Denver, CO

Ok then what are you seeing from the vendors.  On another cruise line the vendors (that includes the information on their web site prior to booking) all seem to have raised their limits to 75, compared to pre-covid when the limits tended to be 70 or less.

I found my own age limit for snorkeling from a boat.  After an hour plus of activity in the water, I had a hard time getting up the bare bones ladder back into the boat.  My DH had to boast me up.  It is embarrassing to hold up the line.  That said, there is 70 and there is a more fit 70 so it would depend on how often you snorkel and swim.  My snorkeling in public is limited to walk in situations these days.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SHIP TRAVELER said:

I found my own age limit for snorkeling from a boat.  After an hour plus of activity in the water, I had a hard time getting up the bare bones ladder back into the boat.  My DH had to boast me up.  It is embarrassing to hold up the line.  That said, there is 70 and there is a more fit 70 so it would depend on how often you snorkel and swim.  My snorkeling in public is limited to walk in situations these days.

We go snorkeling all of the time. Both from boats and shore. The question remains what age limit is showing up for Celebrity vendors. Unfortunately Celebrity does not show age limits on excursions on their web site. No sense booking with them on for the Carribean if their age limit is too low.

While vendors may set limits individually. I have found that cruise lines often set a max as well, with vendors either sticking to that limit of go.lower.

What are people seeing in the Carribean?

Edited by ldtr

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

We have found that snorkeling excursions from Celebrity that have an age or weight limit have that info when you read through the description and restrictions.  Some don’t have a limit.

However it appears that the excursion information that is available on the web site prior to booking does not have that detail. Just a short paragraph.