Paradise Beach or Nachi Cocum?

1st4our25th

On 4/17/2023 at 10:48 PM, c-leg5 said:

It is a day bed not exactly a cabana as some people expect.

Is it $50 for 4 people plus the AI pp charge? How is the service any better than a lounger? $50 to sit around a pool seems like a lot unless there is something extra i am missing?

If you have to pay extra to be by the pool at Paradise beach that sucks.

Nachi has a couple of covered beds by the pool and plenty of seating around the pool that you can use for the day for no extra charge., (first come first served to the 130 person a day limit, but we have never had a problem getting a spot by the pool,, since 99% want a palapa right by the ocean)

First 3 or 4 times we went to Nachi we did the Palapa thing on the beach and finished the day with a dip in the pool. The last 3 or 4 times we just put our stuff either at a table or the loungers right by the pool for the day and hang out in the pool most of the day.,

The waiters will bring your food and drinks right to wherever you choose to sit. (i'm sure its easier to bring food and  drinks poolside than trudging through the sand.)

We went to Nachi for the first time over 15 years ago and had such a relaxing perfect day its always the first thing we book after the cruise itself.

Only once has it ever been at capacity when we went and even that day it never felt crowded. (although the last people arriving were walking quite a ways down the beach to their palapas)

At least twice we've been it has been less than 30 people. (Once it was the two of us and 8 german tourists. We almost had a waiter per person)

Seems like most days it is more like 40-50 people (but it will depend on passenger load in Cozumel that day. (WHICH ships and HOW many ships)

But it sounds to me that your preference is for a quiet, relaxing beach day, which is exactly what we went looking for and found at Nachi Cocum.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
16 minutes ago, FloridaMac said:

Thank you for these reviews!  What years were these? 

Quite old now. If you click on the Cozumel ports it will take you back to the index.

changes at both since restart.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, justcrusn said:

Live at paradise beach. Beautiful day, lots of water toys, a thousand chairs available on the beach, and lots by the pool, but its still early in the day.

IMG_1279.jpeg

So are they selling PAYG?

Agree there is no shortage of loungers. I am just not keen on how close together they are for a party of two. 

55 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

3 large ships in port, this is peak time, PLENTY of space. You need not fear being crowded 

food is excellent, drinks are watery but that’s everywhere 

IMG_1280.jpeg

Thanks we have been before . I agree the facilities are good but will reserve it for if we are with a group with tweens/teens. 

Perhaps AI prices are keeping crowds down? It is definitely an expensive beach day if you buy water passes for a family. Three ships are nothing for Cozumel - 6-8 are quite common.

Looks like a nice day in Cozumel! Enjoy!

Edited by c-leg5

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Nachi for the first time last week when we had a last minute itinerary change due to weather and had a fine time but was underwhelmed. I had read about how great it was for many years and it just didn't live up to the reviews.

It was definitely nice looking, quiet, and had no complaints about out palapa closest to the ocean as requested. The service, however, was a bit lacking. We expected to have one attendant all day but we had 2 randomly stopping by for drink orders and occasionally a 3rd. Frozen drinks were very icy/watery so I quickly switched to margaritas. They were weak but tasted fine so I drank a few more than I normally would. Food was fine but not great. When we were ready to leave the server was saw most often promptly had a taxi for us within minutes.

We didn't have a bad time but likely won't be going back. We're not partiers, which is why we chose Nachi (in addition to the reviews).

Just did some research on Paradise Beach including watching some videos. I'm normally frugal and would not usually spend extra for a beach bed or cabana but the sun hates me and it looked like getting a day bed there would both make it feel less crowded (we'll be there in June and July so I assume there will be lots of families) as well as provide the desired shade. I also love to eat on vacation so being close to the food (and bar) also seems like a bit of a plus. Strongly considering trying Paradise this summer.

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2023 at 10:26 AM, MLAW said:

I have been to Paradise Beach three times and will be returning in February.  I have a day bed reserved this time and will let you know my opinions.

We ended up booking Paradise Beach with a daybed for July.

20 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

We ended up booking Paradise Beach with a daybed for July.

Did you pick one on the beach near the path to the pool?  That's what I picked.  I figured we get the view of the water, which my husband prefers, but we will be close to the pool, which I enjoy.

4 minutes ago, MLAW said:

Did you pick one on the beach near the path to the pool?  That's what I picked.  I figured we get the view of the water, which my husband prefers, but we will be close to the pool, which I enjoy.

We went with #14 on the beach. None of those beach locations look particularly close to the water but we didn't want to sit around the pool. The ones right  by the path (16 and 17) seem to have a slightly better view of the water but my wife was concerned about foot traffic from people going from the beach to the pool area, bar, restroom, etc.

I don't think it's going to be a big deal either way, TBH. Looking forward to your review.

Someone who posts at another forum is going with a large group next month and they have daybeds #14-17 so I'm awaiting her review as well.

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

We went with #14 on the beach. None of those beach locations look particularly close to the water but we didn't want to sit around the pool. The ones right  by the path (16 and 17) seem to have a slightly better view of the water but my wife was concerned about foot traffic from people going from the beach to the pool area, bar, restroom, etc.

I don't think it's going to be a big deal either way, TBH. Looking forward to your review.

Someone who posts at another forum is going with a large group next month and they have daybeds #14-17 so I'm awaiting her review as well.

I just checked and I have #16 booked so I will definitely let you know how the foot traffic is.  The last time I was there was pre-covid and it was not AI.  The food though was very good.  It will be interesting to see if that has changed since 2019.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MLAW said:

I just checked and I have #16 booked so I will definitely let you know how the foot traffic is.  The last time I was there was pre-covid and it was not AI.  The food though was very good.  It will be interesting to see if that has changed since 2019.

Cool. If I remember, I'll try to report back here what that large group with #14-17 says after their late December trip. I wasn't too concerned about which daybed we picked. As long as they keep bringing me food and drinks, I'm good. 😁

6 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Cool. If I remember, I'll try to report back here what that large group with #14-17 says after their late December trip. I wasn't too concerned about which daybed we picked. As long as they keep bringing me food and drinks, I'm good. 😁

Do you have to complete the booking  process to see the day bed map?

I see Paradise Beach has revamped their website again.  Some information is now more obvious at last. I just wondered if I searched further I would find the map. The website has always had a lot of information but it has been hidden for years from many - certainly not user friendly.

8 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Do you have to complete the booking  process to see the day bed map?

You can do a mock booking without payment. After you pick your date & put it info there is an “add-on” screen with the daybed map.

I don’t know what the old website version looked like but when I was discussing this elsewhere, the people I mentioned who booked daybeds a while ago went back to use the map & see views. I thought it was a nice feature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll be there in a couple of weeks (Thanksgiving Day, in fact) so I can report back about the food. Can't speak to the daybeds though as they are all booked the day I am there! That concerns me a little...there are 8 ships in port that day... Does anyone know of PB limits the number of admissions?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, evanskl4 said:

I'll be there in a couple of weeks (Thanksgiving Day, in fact) so I can report back about the food. Can't speak to the daybeds though as they are all booked the day I am there! That concerns me a little...there are 8 ships in port that day... Does anyone know of PB limits the number of admissions?

I believe they do but I've never been there.

I suggested the daybed to my wife because the beach area looked pretty congested in some pictures/videos I saw. Then I checked and saw we are pretty lucky and there are only 2 ships in port that day (and the other gets there 3 hours after us). I mentioned that to my wife but it was too late... she had already decided we were getting a daybed, lol.

Looking forward to your review!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, evanskl4 said:

They limit the PAYG purchases and will only sell AI passes.

There have been caps during Spring Break. The loungers are very close together and can get busy.

Eight ships are an almost full load but more important is size of the ships.

• Like 1