Paradise Beach or Nachi Cocum?

1st4our25th

1 hour ago, 1st4our25th said:

Experiences or recommendations? We prefer a more relaxed atmosphere.

Nachi is laid back.  They limit the guest to 125 or 130.  I doubt if there was 30 people there on our last visit. 

It has been a long time since we have been to Paradise but it was pretty busy with a lot of kids.  It also depends on how many ships are in port and how big that they are.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dallasdan said:

I like Mr. Sanchos beach.  They have an all inclusive side and an Al carte side.  the all inclusive side you can make reservations ahead of time.  They also have massage tents if you want a massage.  

Definitely not “laid back” though which is his preference. 

Edited by SheSailsFL
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2023 at 8:41 PM, 1st4our25th said:

Experiences or recommendations? We prefer a more relaxed atmosphere.

Definitely Nachi Cocum. I've done it twice and LOVED the laid-back vibe. Very few people were there. Beautiful, exotic landscape. People are spread out on the beach and it is quiet. Drinks were good, food was FANTASTIC.

Just got back from Paradise Beach on our Celebrity cruise last week and I did not like it. They packed us in like rats on the beach. Music blasting from the pool area, which was loaded with kids. Drinks were good, food was meh. (Although their pico de gallo kinda rocked my world). Did not like the atmosphere or the volume of people there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, I think it also depends on the people that are there when you are.  We went to Nachi Cocum because it was described as quiet with great service.  Unfortunately, there was a large, loud extended family there the same day which impacted our experience.  They demanded frequent service which impacted our ability to even order an occasional drink.  They thought it was funny to provide minors in their group large amounts of alcohol.  Overall, they just impacted the entire experience.  Obviously not the fault of the establishment but it impacts your experience.  On the other hand, the two times we have been to Paradise beach, the service has been fantastic, wonderful food, and no large obnoxious groups of people.  But, again, you could end up with out of control adults or kids at either place.   My preference now is Paradise Beach because I LOVE their pool and have not yet a bad experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MLAW said:

Honestly, I think it also depends on the people that are there when you are.  We went to Nachi Cocum because it was described as quiet with great service.  Unfortunately, there was a large, loud extended family there the same day which impacted our experience.  They demanded frequent service which impacted our ability to even order an occasional drink.  They thought it was funny to provide minors in their group large amounts of alcohol.  Overall, they just impacted the entire experience.  Obviously not the fault of the establishment but it impacts your experience.  On the other hand, the two times we have been to Paradise beach, the service has been fantastic, wonderful food, and no large obnoxious groups of people.  But, again, you could end up with out of control adults or kids at either place.   My preference now is Paradise Beach because I LOVE their pool and have not yet a bad experience.

I agree with your experience at Nachi although it isn’t what regular visitors want to hear or believe. I have been several times and have had a similar experience. It certainly isn’t the norm but it only takes one group and it does happen.

However, I do wonder how Nachi Cocom and Paradise Beach made the same shortlist? They are two entirely different  experiences aimed at different demographics. Both are good facilities with pros and cons but the the OP would need to determine what exactly they are looking for in a beach day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

However, I do wonder how Nachi Cocom and Paradise Beach made the same shortlist? They are two entirely different  experiences aimed at different demographics. Both are good facilities with pros and cons but the the OP would need to determine what exactly they are looking for in a beach day.

It will be our first time in Cozumel and our first time venturing away from the port, so I have been watching tons of YouTube looking for a good beach excursion. I saw these mentioned several times, along with Mr. Sanchos (not considering this one). We are looking for a more relaxed atmosphere with good food and clean bathrooms. We do not drink alcohol, but do enjoy virgin drinks and non-alcoholic beer. We also will not be bringing any of our children along on this cruise. Both places looked really nice and not too crowded or rowdy on most of the videos we watched. I know it all depends on the visitors there that day though.

Edited by 1st4our25th

23 minutes ago, 1st4our25th said:

It will be our first time in Cozumel and our first time venturing away from the port, so I have been watching tons of YouTube looking for a good beach excursion. I saw these mentioned several times, along with Mr. Sanchos (not considering this one). We are looking for a more relaxed atmosphere with good food and clean bathrooms. We do not drink alcohol, but do enjoy virgin drinks and non-alcoholic beer. We also will not be bringing any of our children along on this cruise. Both places looked really nice and not too crowded or rowdy on most of the videos we watched. I know it all depends on the visitors there that day though.

In that case i would recommend Nachi and hope you don’t get one of “those” days. If  it happens to appear busier and you want the quieter end of quiet, head to the right, away from the main palapa. Downside of that is you are further from pool and restaurant/ bar /facilities but you can always move if you want pool time or different shade area.

Paradise has good clean facilities and much larger pool but it has water activities and inflatables aimed at families/teens/ active adults. It is a good place with activities but I wouldn’t go without children because loungers are close together in rows on the beach.

Nachi does have a few extra pay-for activities, including massages and the option of snorkeling  via a boat tour. Snorkeling from shore not very good because of sandy bottom.

HTH.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

In that case i would recommend Nachi and hope you don’t get one of “those” days. If  it happens to appear busier and you want the quieter end of quiet, head to the right, away from the main palapa. Downside of that is you are further from pool and restaurant/ bar /facilities but you can always move if you want pool time or different shade area.

Paradise has good clean facilities and much larger pool but it has water activities and inflatables aimed at families/teens/ active adults. It is a good place with activities but I wouldn’t go without children because loungers are close together in rows on the beach.

Nachi does have a few extra pay-for activities, including massages and the option of snorkeling  via a boat tour. Snorkeling from shore not very good because of sandy bottom.

HTH.

Thank you 😊 

On 2/24/2023 at 12:10 AM, c-leg5 said:

HTH.

Spend the extra $50 and get a Day bed by the pool! Wife and I have been there with and without teenagers and service always great, food good and never had an issue with any other guests! Honestly wife and I can be the life of the party so maybe we are the loud ones lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Tricia28 said:

Another vote for Paradise Beach but pay $50 for the cabana. Food, service and driks were top notch. Used to go to Mr. Sancho's but I think it is way louder than Paradise.

It is a day bed not exactly a cabana as some people expect.

Is it $50 for 4 people plus the AI pp charge? How is the service any better than a lounger? $50 to sit around a pool seems like a lot unless there is something extra i am missing?

Yes it's more of a day bed but we took the one closest to the beach but still near the pool. We had 2 dedicated servers for the 4 of us (4 max) . We were checked on repeatedly for any food and drink needs. Yes it's 50 in addition to AI charge. It was certainly worth it for the 4 of us.

On 2/2/2023 at 4:08 PM, wolft927 said:

Paradise beach will be less of a party atmosphere good for kids or for those looking to relax, been there many Many times, going back in April 

Paradise Beach is less of a party atmosphere than Nachi Cocum?!?!?!?

Surely Mr. Sanchos....

Not Nachi which is what the OP was asking.

On 2/22/2023 at 9:31 PM, momof4girls said:

This is just my opinion, but I feel like Mr Sanchos is for the 20 - 30 somethings, Paradise is for families, and Nachi is for couples. 

Perfectly described. (except I'd throw in Playa Mia being better for kiddos with their water slides and kiddie pools)

• Like 1