After Cruise Questionnaire

StephSch

I know a lot of us are pretty upset regarding the changes that Celebrity has made over the past few months. One of the ways suggested to provide feedback is to fill out the After Cruise Questionnaire. A concern I have with that is that negative ratings can hurt the workers.

Do we know what specific questions effect the workers and which questions don't? Maybe if we rate the items that don't directly effect the workers low it will show that we still value the workers, but are upset with what they have done. 

I didn't think much of the X questionnaire. Too short and too vague. The only real opportunity to comment on various aspects of the cruise was the area for 'your final comments'...that part was an essay for me on both the good and the not so good.

Oh, and it asked me if I would care to give an opinion on shore excursions...click yes or no. Then the list of ports was incorrect. Aruba was not listed, Puerto Plata (which we didn't go to) was.

I find the Princess questionnaires to be much more granular. It took more time but it asked about most all aspects of the cruise. And it specifically gave you an area to comment on up to 5 members of the crew. 

• Like 3

I'm always honest on the post-cruise survey. But I will also call out BY NAME those who have done a great job. I've always been told by room attendants and wait staff that recognizing them BY NAME is noticed by their supervisors. 

• Like 4

Because the end of cruise questionnaire goes to head office, we typically didn't use the free form comment at the end to recognize any crew members as we didn't feel confident that it would get back to them or their managers in a timely manner. DW would always grab some comment cards at guest services and write nice notes when they were merited. Since the restart it seems they got away from the physical comment cards and gone online. Now each ship (or sailing) has a unique QR code visible at guest services, so now we snap a quick pic and submit the comments when we want. We've done it while onboard and the crew has thanked us for the kind words. We found that it also eliminated the "begging for 10s" since they already knew how we felt about their service.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

We always make sure to EXTRA tip Room Steward, Waiter and Ass't Waiter by putting the cash directly into their hands when Management is not looking particularly in the MDR.  My husband has left the responsibility to me since I have managed to do it very discreetly.🙂

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

We always make sure to EXTRA tip Room Steward, Waiter and Ass't Waiter by putting the cash directly into their hands when Management is not looking particularly in the MDR.  My husband has left the responsibility to me since I have managed to do it very discreetly.🙂

We have always tipped room steward , we leave cash tip for waiters after every meal , plus tip for every drink .

• Like 1

I always write a note of praise regarding our Room Steward, Waiter , Asst Waiter  ,and any other Staff member (public washroom Attendant as an example )that we want to recognize for their excellent service --- and hand it in at Guest Relations a day or two before the end of the cruise.

By the next day most will have been informed , thank us , and tell us how important it is for their career advancement.

We always tip these employees over and above the Daily Gratuities ----  it makes for a nice ending to our cruise.

IMO-- This is a better way to recognize ( praise ) an employee than the survey ( too general and thousands to read ).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2023 at 11:08 AM, mrgabriel said:

I'm always honest on the post-cruise survey. But I will also call out BY NAME those who have done a great job. I've always been told by room attendants and wait staff that recognizing them BY NAME is noticed by their supervisors. 

I know this works as we sailed on Mille. 30 days apart and one crew member I mentioned by name in the questionnaire from the first cruise thanked me on the second cruise.

My way to remember Who deserved mention in the post cruise questionnaire is to Take cell phone Photo of their Name Tag or ask for their Card if they have one and make it a point to Identify them in the questionnaire Email.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, D. B. said:

My way to remember Who deserved mention in the post cruise questionnaire is to Take cell phone Photo of their Name Tag or ask for their Card if they have one and make it a point to Identify them in the questionnaire Email.

I use the Notes app on my iPhone.  I take note of each persons name and position as I encounter them during the cruise and make little notes about each.   

If someone really goes above and beyond, I mention it to the various managers/senior officers during the course of the cruise as well as at the end.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2023 at 12:08 PM, gizmodog said:

I was honest, and we aren’t affecting the workers being honest, Celebrity is doing this to their workers by doing what they are doing.

Sorry but you actually are definitely impacting the workers. They are judged purely on ratings and suffer seriously if they get less than 10s. Feedback is very important but best to put it in the comments section. 

On 1/26/2023 at 10:42 AM, StephSch said:

I know a lot of us are pretty upset regarding the changes that Celebrity has made over the past few months. One of the ways suggested to provide feedback is to fill out the After Cruise Questionnaire. A concern I have with that is that negative ratings can hurt the workers.

Do we know what specific questions effect the workers and which questions don't? Maybe if we rate the items that don't directly effect the workers low it will show that we still value the workers, but are upset with what they have done. 

We take photos of the crew name tags so we don't forget them when we get home. Service is the most important thing and mentioning them by name really helps them.

• Like 2

I just received an extensive questionnaire from Celebrity asking me about advance purchases for shore excursions, spa services, drink packages, wi-fi, flights, transportation, etc., etc.

I am not sure if they are trying to make any changes, doing a general survey, or just trying to get more information about me, personally!

I have not sailed Celebrity since 2019, and we had a fantastic cruise then, so I have not been keeping up with post-Covid experiences.  

Yes, we ALWAYS tip extra cash and try to praise our hard-working team.