Port Canaveral or Miami?

rbelshaw

I am looking at late fall Caribbean cruise on MSC. I'll be flying in from the west coast.

I hate airports and commercial flights. 

I hate embarkation.

Which of the above ports would provide the smoothest experience, considering both?

Thanks-

• Miami would be easier because it's less than thirty minutes from MIA to the Port of Miami. You could also fly into Fort Lauderdale or West Palm Beach if you find a cheaper fare. Port Canaveral is a one hour drive from MCO. Not that it makes a real difference but I normally fly in a day or two earlier just in case there's a problem regarding embarkation. If you cruise leaves on a Saturday fly in Thursday, spend two nights in your embarkation city and enjoy what South Florida has to offer.

1 hour ago, rbelshaw said:

Thanks folks.  The ship/itinerary/cabin I finally selected departs Canaveral, so it looks like that's where I'm headed.

If you are sailing out of Pt Canaveral I suggest you book flights to and from Orlando. Much  Much closer to this port.

Ultimately itinerary is going to prevail, as it did. Generally both Lauderdale and Miami are much easier given how close they are to airports. Port Canaveral you have a 60-min drive from MCO. There is an airport close to the port. Melbourne, but it has pretty limited service.