Comedy show on Allure question regarding show reservations.

swdke

Does the Comedy club show require reservations? I'm assuming it does, but how many reservations can we make for the Comedy show. I'm assuming there are different shows, if nothing else, there's the family version show earlier in the evening, and an adult version in the late evening. Then, there may be possibly more than one comedian, and they too would perhaps have a family and adult show. So, there could be multiple different shows, but are we only limited to one?  Thanks.

I'm on Allure right now, second leg of a B3B.

The comedy show that is family friendly is in the main theater and does not require reservations.

The ADULT comedy show held in the comedy club DOES require reservations, and you can only make one per cruise.  The comedians do the same set all week long, though, so you don't really need more than one reservation.  There may be slight variations as they riff off the audience members, but the vast majority of the show is identical from one night to the next. 

To give you an idea, the comedians the first week and the comedians the second week, I've seen all four of them since COVID on various ships.... and I knew probably 80-90% of each of their routines.  In November I was on Oasis and saw two comedians I had seen before COVID (probably 2018 or earlier), and one of them reused 25% of his old material and the other one reused 75% of his old material.  

You really don't need to see the adult comedy show more than once.  

• Like 3

I'm sailing on Allure Feb 5th. I was able to make a reservation for the adult comedy show in Comedy Live when the entertainment reservations 1st opened up for my cruise the beginning of January AND it is still showing up in My Calendar on the app (but no longer with details).

I mention this because the adult comedy show schedule no longer shows in the app and it's gone from the cruise planner on the internet. I also can no longer see the Adult Comedy Show schedule on the current Allure sailing. I'm just guessing, but to me it's looking like you can no longer make a reservation for this show in advance, only once you can access the app onboard.

You can still make reservations in advance for the other 3 shows (Aqua, Ice, Mamma Mia) btw.

I'll be curious to see if the honor my comedy show advance reservation once I'm onboard or if I'll I've to reserve it again. I'll be checking right away as soon as I board.

On 1/28/2023 at 1:18 AM, brillohead said:

I'm on Allure right now, second leg of a B3B.

The comedy show that is family friendly is in the main theater and does not require reservations.

The ADULT comedy show held in the comedy club DOES require reservations, and you can only make one per cruise.  The comedians do the same set all week long, though, so you don't really need more than one reservation.  There may be slight variations as they riff off the audience members, but the vast majority of the show is identical from one night to the next. 

To give you an idea, the comedians the first week and the comedians the second week, I've seen all four of them since COVID on various ships.... and I knew probably 80-90% of each of their routines.  In November I was on Oasis and saw two comedians I had seen before COVID (probably 2018 or earlier), and one of them reused 25% of his old material and the other one reused 75% of his old material.  

You really don't need to see the adult comedy show more than once.  

So each sailing only has one comedian on board?  

14 minutes ago, brillohead said:

No, there are two comedians, and they both perform in each show.

oh ok.  I haven't been on a ship with a comedian (with a dedicated comedy lounge)  in a long time.  I was thinking it would be 2 or 3 comedians spread out throughout the week.  Thanks for clarifying for me.  

1 hour ago, slyster said:

oh ok.  I haven't been on a ship with a comedian (with a dedicated comedy lounge)  in a long time.  I was thinking it would be 2 or 3 comedians spread out throughout the week.  Thanks for clarifying for me.  

Happy to help.  That's why you only need to go to the Comedy Club one night... it's the same show every single night.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, TexasGal#35 said:

When I tried to make a reservation for the Comedy Show, it was "sold out" for the Feb. 12th Allure sailing.

It's our first time on Allure so I'm sure we'll be trying to find our way around the ship and all it has to offer.

Gloria

IF you really want to go, get in the standby line early and you will get in. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TexasGal#35 said:

When I tried to make a reservation for the Comedy Show, it was "sold out" for the Feb. 12th Allure sailing.

It's our first time on Allure so I'm sure we'll be trying to find our way around the ship and all it has to offer.

They also have one night in the Amber Theater that doesn't require reservations.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 7:19 PM, YadaYadaJodi said:

I'm sailing on Allure Feb 5th. I was able to make a reservation for the adult comedy show in Comedy Live when the entertainment reservations 1st opened up for my cruise the beginning of January AND it is still showing up in My Calendar on the app (but no longer with details).

I mention this because the adult comedy show schedule no longer shows in the app and it's gone from the cruise planner on the internet.

Its back showing again, it was a quirk in the planner it seems.  Note that even when it did not show in the planner, if you went your profile and selected show all reservations, it was listed. 

1 hour ago, roseoftx said:

Its back showing again, it was a quirk in the planner it seems.  Note that even when it did not show in the planner, if you went your profile and selected show all reservations, it was listed. 

Yes, thanks! I noticed last night it was back to showing correctly and it appeared you could make reservations in advance again. 

You're right, my reservation was listed the entire time, just as a generic comedy show without the details. It's all back to "normal" now.

5 days until boarding!!!