It's a ship show review and info?

fndecker

1 hour ago, fndecker said:

They just added this to the Scarlet Lady. I know it is a variety dinner show and that's it. How is it? What food do they bring and how does it work?

It’s a variety show, live band with a host and a couple of audience participation games then around four variety acts, circus, dance magic that sort of thing do 5-10 mins each. 

Food at the show on Valiant Lady wasn’t great. A salad appetiser was okay, then a steak tartare appetiser that was just a weird choice as it’s a love/hate type of dish. Breaded chicken or sea bass as a main, the chicken was fine but needed more veggies. Then an overset chocolate mousse dessert. We ate most of the food except the steak tartare but still got late night pizza.

the show is good though, fun and the right amount of cheesy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jon81uk said:

It’s a variety show, live band with a host and a couple of audience participation games then around four variety acts, circus, dance magic that sort of thing do 5-10 mins each. 

Food at the show on Valiant Lady wasn’t great. A salad appetiser was okay, then a steak tartare appetiser that was just a weird choice as it’s a love/hate type of dish. Breaded chicken or sea bass as a main, the chicken was fine but needed more veggies. Then an overset chocolate mousse dessert. We ate most of the food except the steak tartare but still got late night pizza.

the show is good though, fun and the right amount of cheesy.

Agree 100% with this summation. 

Valiant Lady October 2022....the show was borderline ok.  The variety acts were good, the audience participation stuff was just stupid.   I shouldn't be overly critical because the host was brand new--we knew that the other person's contract was over at the end of our cruise, so they were working together for the first week and then the new person was handling it for the second week.  The experienced person was better...but that's likely just a matter of being comfortable in the position.

The food was awful.  We had heard in advance that it was bad, so asked to not be served.  We informed that they "Had to" bring us the food.  The steak tartare smelled like dog food and tasted worse.  The chicken was so firm (hard) that I couldn't cut it with the knife provided.  Fortunately the show was early and we did a "walk up" at a restaurant after leaving.  It was the only bad food that we were served on the entire cruise, and frankly made no sense to me.  Everything else on the ship ranged from "pretty good" (Galley stuff sometimes) to "great" in the restaurants.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

The food was awful.  We had heard in advance that it was bad, so asked to not be served.  We informed that they "Had to" bring us the food.

That is no longer the case. We were on the Valiant Lady last week, and we declined any food and it wasn't an issue. After the show we had an amazing meal at The Wake.

• Like 3

Saw the show in Oct 2022 on Valiant.

My main food complaint was that it was too dark to see what I was eating clearly.  It did turn into a game for us though!  I was late to arrive because I was still at trivia so my hubby ordered for us.  When they brought the food, they didn't say what it was so he made me guess what I was eating through the whole meal.  None of the food was memorable, but it wasn't inedible either.

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, CruznTheWorld said:

Just left Scarlet Lady.  Here's the menu for Ship Show.  The show was actually very good, we passed on the food and ate before.

IMG_2110.jpeg

They’ve swapped out the steak tartare and scallop crudo for the burrata salad. 

Would make things easier if the vegetarian main was printed in the menu too, but I guess they don’t want meat eaters ordering it and lots of chicken going to waste. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

shows, activities, and brunches can only be booked once on the ship & connected to ship wifi 🙂

or in the terminal after you check in  connect to terminal wifi

4 hours ago, RNPJN said:

or in the terminal after you check in  connect to terminal wifi

Apparently that no longer works, others who have departed in 2023 said they couldn’t book anything until onboard.

4 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

Apparently that no longer works, others who have departed in 2023 said they couldn’t book anything until onboard.

yep that changed sometime between the end of october and beginning of december 😞

• Like 1