Shareholder onboard credit

palive22

Hi all, 

I was hoping you could help with a couple of questions about shareholder onboard credit, please? 

Is the shareholder onboard credit given if you already have onboard credit (e.g. due to a deal online when the cruise was booked or bonuses for booking your next cruise whilst onboard)? 

Also, Cunard is listed as a ‘United Kingdom brand’ which suggests that the OBC is given in GBP (i.e. £30, £60, £150). However as Cunard uses USD on board, is anyone able to confirm whether the shareholder OBC is the GBP amount in USD (e.g. equivalent of £30 in USD) or the USD given as shareholder OBC for the North American companies (e.g. $50)? 

Many thanks in advance for your help. 

Just to confirm, Cunard is considered a North America brand for the purposes of determining the amount of OBC that is awarded for the shareholder benefit. Your shareholder benefit would be awarded as $50, $100 or $250 depending on the length of the voyage. The shareholder benefit is combinable with other OBC you may have been awarded.

• Like 1

According to: 

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/frequently-asked-questions 

'Where can I find more information about shareholder benefits?'

"Who do shareholder benefits apply to?
Shareholder benefits apply to the shareholder and can be applied to all fare types*.

Benefits will be applied to the cabin the shareholder is travelling in.

Shareholder benefit is granted in addition to any on board spending money already given.

There is only one shareholder benefit per shareholder-occupied cabin. You will only receive on board spending money for the cabin in which you are travelling.

If there is more than one shareholder travelling in the same cabin/stateroom, benefits for only one of the shareholders will be applied to the cabin and not each shareholder

*Shareholder benefit will not be granted if your booking is booked through a Friends and Family offer, TIS (Travel Industry Services) or a complimentary booking. All other fare types are currently combinable with shareholder benefits.

To confirm, shareholder OBC is in addition to any OBC you already have (I can confirm this personally many times).  It also applies to Late Saver fares (I have recently booked a P&O (late) Saver fare and had my shareholder OBC  applied, P&O and Cunard have effectively the same rules, with the same team dealing with the benefit requests)