Rome Airport Hotel

Jane Y

18 hours ago, Jane Y said:

Please recommend decent hotel near Rome Airport with shuttle service for outbound flight early morning. Thanks

I highly recommend Hotel Riviera Fiumicino.  Address: Via Licio Visintini 30, 

huge rooms. 2 blocks from the Ocean.  Great restaurants within walking distance. And shuttle to airport.  We stayed there 4 nights & would stay again.  I booked on 3rd party site. I’m sure you can find it.  Enjoy! 

• Like 1

We will be in Rome for 2 nights following a cruise. We have some points we need to use from Hilton and was looking at the Hilton Gar den Inn which seems perfect for us.

Is there any public transportation by the hotel into Rome proper?

Also, as we are 2 seniors who don't do well schlepping luggage, is there some sort of shuttle that would take us to where we need to go (we are flying American on a Wednesday morning).

Cheers

Len

On 2/1/2023 at 11:45 AM, Giantfan13 said:

We will be in Rome for 2 nights following a cruise. We have some points we need to use from Hilton and was looking at the Hilton Gar den Inn which seems perfect for us.

Is there any public transportation by the hotel into Rome proper?

Also, as we are 2 seniors who don't do well schlepping luggage, is there some sort of shuttle that would take us to where we need to go (we are flying American on a Wednesday morning).

Cheers

Len

You may take the Leonardo Express train from the airport into Rome.  Easy.  Pre-COVID the Hilton/HGI had a shuttle that went to some pickup spot in Rome.  Don't know if it still runs.

How "senior" are you?  I'm 68 and I'll schlep my bag.  How much luggage do you bring?  I always walk from the Hilton to the airport proper or from the train station to the Hilton.  I don't remember if the Hilton will drive you to the terminals, but the HGI does.

On 1/29/2023 at 4:01 PM, cruisemom42 said:

The Hilton (as per above) and the Hilton Garden Inn (in the airport precinct, with a shuttle) are probably the most recommended hotels close to the airport. I prefer the Hilton Garden myself but both are solid choices.

We're also big fans of the Hilton.

Happy cruising

Craig

4 hours ago, slidergirl said:

You may take the Leonardo Express train from the airport into Rome.  Easy.  Pre-COVID the Hilton/HGI had a shuttle that went to some pickup spot in Rome.  Don't know if it still runs.

How "senior" are you?  I'm 68 and I'll schlep my bag.  How much luggage do you bring?  I always walk from the Hilton to the airport proper or from the train station to the Hilton.  I don't remember if the Hilton will drive you to the terminals, but the HGI does.

I'll be 77 and my DW is 72 and she packs. We usually have 2 large suitcases and a couple of carry ons for both of us, so you see, as I said, we don't do well schlepping these things.

Is this Express train within decent enough walking distance for the HGI?

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers

Len

41 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

I'll be 77 and my DW is 72 and she packs. We usually have 2 large suitcases and a couple of carry ons for both of us, so you see, as I said, we don't do well schlepping these things.

Is this Express train within decent enough walking distance for the HGI?

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers

Len

The train leaves from the airport. The HGI runs a regular shuttle to and from the airport. It's not walkable.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 7:59 PM, cruisemom42 said:

The train leaves from the airport. The HGI runs a regular shuttle to and from the airport. It's not walkable.

Thanks so much. This basically what we wanted to know.

We can take a shuttle from Civi to the Airport and if we are staying at the HGI they supply a shuttle from the airport to their hotel. Also, from the airport there is a train that goes into Rome proper if we want to see what we want to see.

Am I correct on these?

Cheers

Len

9 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

We can take a shuttle from Civi to the Airport and if we are staying at the HGI they supply a shuttle from the airport to their hotel. Also, from the airport there is a train that goes into Rome proper if we want to see what we want to see.

Am I correct on these?

Cheers

Len

You are correct! 😁

• Like 1

Thanks for answering, Cynthia.  Having not stayed at the HGI, I was not sure of their logistics of hotel to train or airport.

Am I correct on these?

Cheers

Len

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

You are correct! 😁

• 2 weeks later...

We are a large party cruising in May. I booked the Hotel Isolated Sacramento Rome for one night since we don't have flight info yet and the price was good. There were good reviews and they are transferring us to port cheaper than cruiseline. Anyone have input on hotel, good, bad?