Why Celebrity?

layteacher

I love to cruise. Started on Carnival then switched to RC after my last two Carnival cruises were a nightmare. Like RC but found a good deal on a Celebrity Cruise for my time frame. Anyone tell me the comparisons? Is Celebrity in comparison to a Carnival cruise or a RC cruise? Just like to relax, not a picky person but my last two Carnival the crowds were awful ( bad language, no respect, terrible music, just a free for all party). I guess I am just getting too old for that atmosphere. TIA

I have no experience of any line bar Celebrity, and only sailed 4 times, all of which were on the Equinox. Booked on her again in September as we love it, older crowd, love the variety of bars, and the general atmosphere. Also find the staff in the main very good. Just my experiences, sure more seasoned cruisers on here can give you a comparison to other lines.

There are many on here who at the moment are not greatly impressed by Celebrity for a number of reasons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, northwoods2 said:

Sailed Carnival once and said I would only sail it again if it was free.  We love Celebrity. I feel that Celebrity is a step up from RC. I prefer the size of the Millennium class ships.  We aren’t into the big party crowds 

My opinion of Carnival was that I wouldn’t sail it again even if it was free!

We haven’t cruised since before COVID so I don’t know if recent complaints are justified.  For us also, Celebrity is a step up from RCI.  It doesn’t have the bells and whistles, but the atmosphere is more relaxed and we thought the food was better.  We have a Celebrity Caribbean and Transatlantic B2B coming up in April and we are really looking forward to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We haven’t sailed Carnival but used to sail on Royal Caribbean. My standard line is that Celebrity is more subdued - fewer pool contests and more martinis. Fewer families and even on holiday weeks, you don’t see many children around. 

• Like 2

I personally don't like Carnival but we occasionally end up on Carnival cruises because that is our closest cruise port or they get us to a port that we want (like Progresso to see Chichen Itza).   I prefer Celebrity because it is a quieter cruise, they handle my dietary restrictions better than most, they have good cabin sizes, and they get me out on the ocean.

We cruise all lines but we keep coming back to Celebrity because I think the product is better than other lines.  I personally don't think anyone (but the cruise line) benefits from you being loyal to a particular line so encourage you to give Celebrity (or other lines) a chance.

• Like 3

My first cruise was on Carnival - hated it so much I didn’t cruise for ten years!  I have since cruised on NCL, RCL, and Celebrity; found my niche on Celebrity and have six cruises booked with them for 2023.  A big plus for me is that the interior of the ship is smoke free.

• Like 1

We have cruised on Carnival, RCL, and Celebrity. My quick summary of the 3 lines:

Carnival is if budget is a concern and you like nightlife beyond 1100pm

RCL if you have a family or like the variety of physical activities most ships offer.

Celebrity is like the last meal Goldilocks ate, just right. Good food and service but a bit more laid back lifestyle. 

• Like 5

I agree with all of the above posts!  I've sailed Carnival twice and it's just not for me.  Their ship layouts are very confusing and it's too much of a party atmosphere for me.  

Royal is okay.  They have all the bells and whistles and are family-oriented. 

Celebrity is my fave!  Little touches, like cloth towels in the public restrooms, a better dress code,  English bacon, bocce on the lawn club, even better songs in the Silent Disco....just a great time every time!  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, layteacher said:

I love to cruise. Started on Carnival then switched to RC after my last two Carnival cruises were a nightmare. Like RC but found a good deal on a Celebrity Cruise for my time frame. Anyone tell me the comparisons? Is Celebrity in comparison to a Carnival cruise or a RC cruise? Just like to relax, not a picky person but my last two Carnival the crowds were awful ( bad language, no respect, terrible music, just a free for all party). I guess I am just getting too old for that atmosphere. TIA

I wouldn't go on A Carnival cruise if it was free--- Celebrity is my kind of cruise vacation, great service, great staff, great food and a great way to relax and unwind! 

We just sailed on our first Celebrity cruise after 13 Royal cruises, and a few on other lines (including Carnival). I can only really provide a comparison between X and RCI, as the one Carnival experience was 10+ years ago. 

We loved our first cruise on Celebrity and have booked our next sailing with them. For us, Royal Caribbean became too family oriented. We are in our 20s, but not interested in waterslides, etc. Celebrity definitely feels like a step up in terms of service, food, and atmosphere, but the one thing I do find lacking is the activities. I did miss Royal's Quest, for example, while on Celebrity. But the positives outweigh the negatives for us and Celebrity is probably our first choice now. We will still consider Royal though. And I've added Virgin to my list as well.

OK, we have done 10 Princess, 8 Celebrity, 4 NCL, 3 RCCL, 1 DCL, 1 Carnival.

FIRST OF ALL--mainstream cruise LINES are more alike that different (I consider all of these mainstream)

We find SHIPS to differ. And just various sailings

That being said, order of our favs: 

Celebrity

Princess

(both best service & food)

(there is a slight drop here)

RCCL

NCL

(both better in entertainment overall...but if NCL is cutting this area, it could lower their ranking

I don't rank DCL & Carnival since we only sailed them once.

DCL was long ago, with kids. Good cruise, too expensive.

We JUST took our 1st Carnival cruise--2 wks to Hawaii. & we had a GREAT time.

Honestly I'd put it above RCCL in terms of service, fun activities crew.