Travel with a 5-year-old

wanderingnsw

6 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Dawn. They can always put a fold down sofa bed in any cabin I assume?

When booking for 3 I was told only those suites with a fold down sofa were ok

Just looked at Deck  plan.  Dawn doesn't have a little triangle in any Vista suites.  Looks like the first option is deluxe veranda on the plans

When we were trying to book our 2020 and not sure if Waldo Jnr was coming they wouldn't let me book a 3 pax room unless I was all in.  We went GTY so we could add him later.  They were also very clear guest capacity was an issue

Stumblefoot.  There are a lot of 3 pax rooms on Cloud, I wonder if because most were already booked they were happy.  (Gee, that would have been a tight fit...  did they roll out during the day?0

5 hours ago, MrsWaldo said:

Stumblefoot.  There are a lot of 3 pax rooms on Cloud, I wonder if because most were already booked they were happy.  (Gee, that would have been a tight fit...  did they roll out during the day?

You may be right! The couch didn’t fold out, so they just used the rollaway.  In the morning, the Butler would just fold it up and place in the corner next to the couch so that we had full use of the suite.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ak1004 said:

Some people might prefer to put the spouse on the balcony..

18 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Let’s not give Silver Queen any ideas.

Stumble, it's very fortunate that our wives don't participate in CC!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MrsWaldo said:

Just looked at Deck  plan.  Dawn doesn't have a little triangle in any Vista suites.  Looks like the first option is deluxe veranda on the plans

When we were trying to book our 2020 and not sure if Waldo Jnr was coming they wouldn't let me book a 3 pax room unless I was all in.  We went GTY so we could add him later.  They were also very clear guest capacity was an issue

Stumblefoot.  There are a lot of 3 pax rooms on Cloud, I wonder if because most were already booked they were happy.  (Gee, that would have been a tight fit...  did they roll out during the day?0

Our TA just confirmed that there are no vista suites that are triples on the Dawn they have to go to the superior veranda.

On 1/31/2023 at 3:00 PM, MrsWaldo said:

Can you please clarify how to do it? Can you book a GTY cabin for two and then add the third guest later?

56 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

No,you book all guests in from the start

That's what I thought, but I was confused by the comment "We went GTY so we could add him later."

It's a shame that SS will lose a potential new customer - they are not going to pay an extra $3,750 CAD for a cabin they don't need..

2 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

No,you book all guests in from the start

No,

The SS consultant in Sydney said ( i had it in an email) I was fine to book for 2 and could add the third guest up until full payment was due. The caveat was if the ship was at full capacity it would not be possible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrsWaldo said:

No,

The SS consultant in Sydney said ( i had it in an email) I was fine to book for 2 and could add the third guest up until full payment was due. The caveat was if the ship was at full capacity it would not be possible.

It doesn't work that way for bookings in the UK.