Aqua dining

Steve H

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Yes you can just show up. However, if you ask them, they suggest making arrangements. It´s up to you if you do or if you just show up. Both works.

Where is it stated "they suggest"?  If you have select dining and want to eat in the MDR at a certain time you can go in the app and make a reservation; if you have traditional, you just show up at your assigned time

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Where is it stated "they suggest"?  If you have select dining and want to eat in the MDR at a certain time you can go in the app and make a reservation; if you have traditional, you just show up at your assigned time

We are talking about Aqua guest dining at the MDR! 

And yes, even as AQ guest you can just show up at the MDR and get a table. But some Aqua first time guests sometimes ask on board if they can also dine at the MDR. And usually they are told and suggested to talk to the Maitre to make arrangements. 

17 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I believe the poster was saying you could order the MDR timeless classics from the MDR menu at Blu and they can’t tell you “no”’due to some company policy.  My question is where can we find this company policy and what other policies are there?

Part of the issue is the location of the kitchens - on M and S class ships they are together so it is easier to obtain MDR items.  On Edge ships the MDRs are not close so it requires a staff member to go all the way to that kitchen for those items so may not be possible due to staffing.

7 hours ago, Miaminice said:

🙂 No, they are not printed on the menu lateley or visible on the app. However, they are and have always been the daily available classics at Blu and other restaurants.

We never saw it on our printed menus on the Solstice. If I had not read on cruisecritic that I could order from the MDR, I would have never seen or known of my options. It was never mentioned by the staff and not printed anywhere while we were in the Blu

6 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

On Edge ships the MDRs are not close so it requires a staff member to go all the way to that kitchen for those items so may not be possible due to staffing.

Luminae yes! Opposite ends of the ship

Blu is right on top of the four MDRs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Part of the issue is the location of the kitchens - on M and S class ships they are together so it is easier to obtain MDR items.  On Edge ships the MDRs are not close so it requires a staff member to go all the way to that kitchen for those items so may not be possible due to staffing.

Make sense…This summer was when many ships, the equinox being one, said they were only allowing the timeless classics…Oh man, the FB of maybe 100 people really blew up about that they couldn’t order prime rib on the first night

27 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

We are talking about Aqua guest dining at the MDR! 

And yes, even as AQ guest you can just show up at the MDR and get a table. But some Aqua first time guests sometimes ask on board if they can also dine at the MDR. And usually they are told and suggested to talk to the Maitre to make arrangements. 

Thanks for following up; we’ve been sailing AQ almost exclusively and have never heard/seen this before so was wondering if this is a written policy.  Usually the Blu asst M’D mans the host stand and the actual M’D is mingling with guests.  I guess if you were to mention that you’ll be dining in the MDR tomorrow (for whatever reason) they would offer to assist with arrangements 

Edited by NutsAboutGolf