My Time Dining

CGBanks

45 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We've switched back to early (6:PM) TD. 

We would do that too but a lot of ships have early TD seating before 6pm and 6pm would be the earliest that we would want to get there. 5:00 or 5:30 is just too early for us, so will opt for MTD at 6:45 or even 7:00 but not any later or would just eat in the WJ as a last resort.

Edited by SilkySal
add

6 minutes ago, mafig said:

What ship is this?  I had heard that early traditional is 5:15 or 5:30.  

i would prefer 6 PM 😁

When we booked early dining on Allure, it was at 5:30pm which I don't mind too much because you're pretty much getting your main course around 6pm. Now they just changed it to 5:00pm. It looks like all aboard is at 5pm for our three ports which made 5:30pm dinner really nice - get back on the ship by 4:30pm, shower and get ready for dinner, head down to eat with plenty of time. Now if we want to eat in MDR we have to cut our port time a little shorter, and the days in port are fairly short anyway.

Not the end of the world, I know, but just really wish they had the time correct from the beginning. Why did they change it? I know we can switch to MTD but I want to steer clear of all that mess, as being discussed here. I thought that the new menus were supposed to speed up dining?

20 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

When we booked early dining on Allure, it was at 5:30pm which I don't mind too much because you're pretty much getting your main course around 6pm. Now they just changed it to 5:00pm. It looks like all aboard is at 5pm for our three ports which made 5:30pm dinner really nice - get back on the ship by 4:30pm, shower and get ready for dinner, head down to eat with plenty of time. Now if we want to eat in MDR we have to cut our port time a little shorter, and the days in port are fairly short anyway.

Not the end of the world, I know, but just really wish they had the time correct from the beginning. Why did they change it? I know we can switch to MTD but I want to steer clear of all that mess, as being discussed here. I thought that the new menus were supposed to speed up dining?

They moved early to 5 to allow MTD to start around 6:15 instead of 6:45. I saw a recent cruise compass from Liberty and they have 5pm early in the deck 3 dining room that they then use for MTD, decks 4 and five start early seating at 5:30. We almost always book late seating, large table  and stretch it out close to the 2 hour mark. Many times our table is one of the last to leave. Always have great table mates. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

10 hours ago, Oxo said:

When did RCI change MTD to 630pm?

We have always used MTD at 530pm.

How can they call it MTD if they open at 530 but MTD doesn't start until 630pm?

TIA

I didn't end up getting to go on my October cruise due to the hurricane, but when I booked dining times for it back in April, the MTD didn't start until 6:30. So it's been at least several months now.

6 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

It looks like all aboard is at 5pm for our three ports which made 5:30pm dinner really nice - get back on the ship by 4:30pm, shower and get ready for dinner, head down to eat with plenty of time. Now if we want to eat in MDR we have to cut our port time a little shorter, and the days in port are fairly short anyway.

Our "all aboards" for our 3 ports are 8 pm, 6 pm, and 6 pm, so Early Dining at 5 just won't work for us. It's unfortunate. 😞

12 hours ago, Tatka said:

Sometimes we showed up earlier... around 6:15 (on Anthem) and they would put us in traditional restaurants. Only 2 of us.

Some ships are doing that if the people with early (assigned) dining in the MTD room don't show.  Of course the larger the table, the more likely that at least one person showed up for early dining, therefore that table is not available for MTD until that small number of diners has finished.

We have MTD on Symphony in late February. I booked reservations and the earliest I could get was 7:45 each night.  Ok with that, because East coast time is one hour earlier than what I am used to.  We can have a leasurely day and a cocktail before 7:45 dinner. I booked all the shows and went with a later time.  We are happy 😁

I just changed from MTD to first seating, which is 5:30 p.m.  I really liked MTD, but now they have made the start time too late for me.  I wonder if we'll be seated with others or a table by ourselves (me and my daughter).  Probably will be at a table with others based on past experience.  😔

• Like 2

We just got off Mariner and had the early seating. Our SeaPass card and the sign outside the Deck 3 dining room showed 5:30pm, but the Cruise Compass had 5pm. The dining room opened about 5:15pm.

MTD was also on Deck 3. The sign and Cruise Compass both had 6:45pm. But it seemed like they started to seat the MTD guests at 6pm at the empty tables.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 8:53 PM, carbon said:

We have MTD on Symphony in late February. I booked reservations and the earliest I could get was 7:45 each night.  Ok with that, because East coast time is one hour earlier than what I am used to.  We can have a leisurely day and a cocktail before 7:45 dinner. I booked all the shows and went with a later time.  We are happy 😁

That's a good point. We're on EST and our 5pm dining will be on CST so it will still feel like 6pm for us, at least. 

1 hour ago, SplashOfWater said:

We just got off Mariner and had the early seating. Our SeaPass card and the sign outside the Deck 3 dining room showed 5:30pm, but the Cruise Compass had 5pm. The dining room opened about 5:15pm.

Good to know.

9 hours ago, moposh said:

I just changed from MTD to first seating, which is 5:30 p.m.  I really liked MTD, but now they have made the start time too late for me.  I wonder if we'll be seated with others or a table by ourselves (me and my daughter).  Probably will be at a table with others based on past experience.  😔

You can email Royal two weeks before your cruise and ask for a specific table size or location. Just give them your reservation number, ship, sail date and cabin number.   rcldining@rccl.com...

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 7:54 PM, taglovestocruise said:

You can email Royal two weeks before your cruise and ask for a specific table size or location. Just give them your reservation number, ship, sail date and cabin number.   rcldining@rccl.com...

Good to know.  Thanks.