AT&T Cruise Package vs T-Mobile

VIFP1987

I am currently an AT&T customer that gets their cruise package that includes unlimited text and calling while on the ship.  I also purchase a Carnival Wi-Fi value or premium plan. 

I’m considering switching to T-Mobile. It doesn’t look like they offer a cruise package comparable to AT&T. 

If you are a T-Mobile customer that uses your phone for texts and calls on the ship, what kind of pricing have you experienced?

Can I FaceTime with my phone using the ships Wi-Fi and for go the cruise plan all together?

Thank you!

Edited by VIFP1987
Change wording

5 hours ago, VIFP1987 said:

I am currently an AT&T customer that gets their cruise package that includes unlimited text and calling while on the ship.  I also purchase a Carnival Wi-Fi value or premium plan. 

I’m considering switching to T-Mobile. It doesn’t look like they offer a cruise package comparable to AT&T. 

If you are a T-Mobile customer that uses your phone for texts and calls on the ship, what kind of pricing have you experienced?

Can I FaceTime with my phone using the ships Wi-Fi and for go the cruise plan all together?

Thank you!

We have ATT and have been able to face time and iMessage using ship WiFi.  When in ports sometime get free service (Mexico) or we pay for the daily international package with ATT for $10. For us, the $100 cruise package with ATT not worth it. 

We have T-Mobile and don’t use it on the ship.  Almost all of the ports are included in their plan so texts are free.  I thinks calls are 20 cents per minute.  While on the ship, we use the Carnival Wi-Fi.  Given out phone plan is $30 per month per line, we are happy with it.  

1 hour ago, Colorado Beach Bum said:

We have ATT and have been able to face time and iMessage using ship WiFi.  When in ports sometime get free service (Mexico) or we pay for the daily international package with ATT for $10. For us, the $100 cruise package with ATT not worth it. 

Thank you! 

30 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

We have T-Mobile and don’t use it on the ship.  Almost all of the ports are included in their plan so texts are free.  I thinks calls are 20 cents per minute.  While on the ship, we use the Carnival Wi-Fi.  Given out phone plan is $30 per month per line, we are happy with it.  

Thank you!

27 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Our standard T-Mobile plan gives us 256 kpbs text and data, 25 cents per minute calls in most places.  Mexico and Canada is the same as is is at home.   In Greece, text and data are the same as at home but calling is 25 cents per minute 

Screenshot_20230201-085525_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20230201-084817_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20230201-084745_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20230201-084653_Messages.jpg

20230201_084459.jpg

I appreciate your help, thank you! 

One thing about T-Mobile I did enjoy was the free data when overseas. It was slow but was enough to check-in with family back home or check email or what have you. The problem I had with their service was their coverage and data speeds at my home were slower and less reliable than the Bahamas. I need good service at home far more than I need it in the Bahamas. So I went back to my previous carrier. Each to their own.

4 hours ago, LMKakaThing2 said:

Thanks for this info!  I'll be going to the Bahamas in 11 days and couldn't find anything about what was included at no extra cost with T-Mobile.

You will get a text message from T-Mobile telling you what the coverage is in the country that you are in, as soon as you take the phone off of airplane mode.  You may not get a new message if you go to another port in the same country. 

2 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

You will get a text message from T-Mobile telling you what the coverage is in the country that you are in, as soon as you take the phone off of airplane mode.  You may not get a new message if you go to another port in the same country. 

I love getting those messages. I think if you travel a lot, especially internationally, it’s the best service to have. 

40 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

I’ve used t-Mobil for wifi calling and FaceTime while on the ship.

Also enjoyed the free texting and data plan while on the islands.

Thank you so much! Did you find the service on the ship to worked well for you?