Looking for Pics of Retreat Cabanas

LVinTennessee

I have searched the posts but don’t see any actual pictures and searching HAL website reveals zilch.

Apparently, the cabanas are top secret.

We had a pool side cabana, family size, on Eurodam on our Alaskan cruise. But I am going on a girls trips with some friends who have never been on HAL and would love to show them some pictures.

We will be on Nieux Amsterdam. The family cabanas were booked, but I was able to get a 2 person retreat cabana which are  located one deck up from pool (with no sea view, I believe). 

Also, since the cabanas are top secret, I can’t find the list of cabana amenities (could not understand the lady I booked with), and the amenities are not listed on my booking confirmation. If someone can share the info, I’d appreciate it.

Last request - yes, the family size cabanas (with a view) are all reserved. Does anyone have tips on possibly getting one if there is a cancellation? Do I need to call everyday vs waiting until the day of boarding? 

You can request a certain cabana if it's available, just call the same number you booked it with.  If you look at the map from the previous post you can find the Nieuw Amsterdam setup.  We have had both the Naples and the Portofino (looking over the Lido pool with more breeze), we chose these because you don't have to see people coming up the stair from below.   We also have had the Santorini (looking over the side of the ship with less breeze).

17 hours ago, LVinTennessee said:

I have searched the posts but don’t see any actual pictures and searching HAL website reveals zilch.

Apparently, the cabanas are top secret.

We had a pool side cabana, family size, on Eurodam on our Alaskan cruise. But I am going on a girls trips with some friends who have never been on HAL and would love to show them some pictures.

We will be on Nieux Amsterdam. The family cabanas were booked, but I was able to get a 2 person retreat cabana which are  located one deck up from pool (with no sea view, I believe). 

Also, since the cabanas are top secret, I can’t find the list of cabana amenities (could not understand the lady I booked with), and the amenities are not listed on my booking confirmation. If someone can share the info, I’d appreciate it.

Last request - yes, the family size cabanas (with a view) are all reserved. Does anyone have tips on possibly getting one if there is a cancellation? Do I need to call everyday vs waiting until the day of boarding? 

You can read my post HERE that has some pictures and the list of perks from my cruise in March of 2022 

The Cabanas are nice for the Caribbean and Mexican Rivera.   The Cabaña area on other itineraries is too windy on most sea days for my taste.   YMMV

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

17 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Cabana amenities are listed on here.  Some you get, some you don’t.  I think I have pics.  Let me look

https://rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/HAL-Cabanas.pdf

Make sure you bring the list and ASK - we finally got fans - but only after requesting them.

How important is the breeze? I would really prefer the ocean view rather than the pool but maybe the breeze is more important??

Also, we are a group of 4 ladies but I could only get the 1 cabana with 2 chairs. One of us really likes to lay out in the sun so being outside the cabana will not be a problem. Would it be frowned upon to drag one more chair inside the cabana if the 3rd lady needs a break in the shade?

32 minutes ago, LVinTennessee said:

How important is the breeze? I would really prefer the ocean view rather than the pool but maybe the breeze is more important??

Also, we are a group of 4 ladies but I could only get the 1 cabana with 2 chairs. One of us really likes to lay out in the sun so being outside the cabana will not be a problem. Would it be frowned upon to drag one more chair inside the cabana if the 3rd lady needs a break in the shade?

For the 4 of you two of the regular cabanas are needed.  If you book them together (booked by 1 person) HAL will ensure they're side by side.  A 3rd or 4th person isn't allowed - the regular cabanas are for up to 2 people.

It's not just seating - it's the service.  They're staffed to handle a set # of guests, based on a max of 2 per regular cabana & 4 per family cabana.  It's not fair to the stewards or the other guests to bring extra people beyond that.  

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Make sure you bring the list and ASK - we finally got fans - but only after requesting them.

Yes, I'm not afraid to ask.  I asked about the misters one time.  They told me  repeatedly there were none on the ship.  When I got off the ship the next day they had them for sale.  I mentioned it again and when they told me there were none on the ship I'd told them where they are.  The next day I had one.  On my last cruise I wanted a cold cloth.  I can get the cloth but trying to get ice is like pulling teeth because they are running around getting food for everyone.  I was told the boss said they weren't doing the cold cloths anymore.  I ask for so little (never ask them for food) so it's very disappointing. I still tip them for some strange reason.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

1 hour ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

You can read my post HERE that has some pictures and the list of perks from my cruise in March of 2022 

The Cabanas are nice for the Caribbean and Mexican Rivera.   The Cabaña area on other itineraries is too windy on most sea days for my taste.   YMMV

I agree with places like Alaska but any hot weather cruise they are ideal.  I've never found them to be too windy unless it's cold in addition.

On 1/31/2023 at 7:44 PM, LVinTennessee said:

We had a pool side cabana, family size, on Eurodam on our Alaskan cruise.

It sounds like you enjoyed the cabana? Were you able to view the scenery from it while traveling by the glaciers and such? 

The scenery was great in Alaska, and it was very enjoyable to watch from our cabana. If I remember correctly, when we viewed one of the main glaciers, the view was at the front of the ship only, and there were several locations to view the glacier. But there was a ranger on just one deck to answer questions, etc (and this was the most crowded area, but still lots of room). While we were stopped at the glacier, we were pretty close to land (if I remember correctly), and we used our binoculars from our room balcony to watch for bears and rams.