Disembarkation at Tilbury - In Search of the Northern Lights - Bergen to London question

jrkstl

Does anyone known when the ship will actually arrive in Tilbury at the end of the Northern Lights trip? I cannot seem to locate the anticipated time. We are spending four additional nights in London on our own and need to book transportation to our London hotel.

I would assume that the ship will dock in Tilbury probably while we sleep. Does 10AM sound like a good time to meet a car service? I’m thinking that we’ll need to vacate our staterooms by 8AM, but wonder if it’s okay to stay on board for a bit, grab a bite, etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Jeff

In 2022 everyone was asked to be off the ship by 0900 - you could certainly grab a bite after vacating your room but the breakfast service ended around 0830 and the final announcements that you should all leave started not long after then.

I would opt for a care at about 0915-0930

We were not aware of the ship docking before we woke, we believe that was around 0400

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LinnieRed said:

While on this subject, does anyone any knowledge regarding taxis or a shuttle when you arrive in Tilbury? Trying to avoid the 20 minute walk to the train station.

Last time we disembarked in Tilbury, on clearing the baggage reclaim shed we walked out to the parking area and were asked what transportation we had planned. We had an executive car waiting, which they called over to pick us up.

Those wanting taxis, advised taxi and they called one from the queue outside the gate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, LinnieRed said:

While on this subject, does anyone any knowledge regarding taxis or a shuttle when you arrive in Tilbury? Trying to avoid the 20 minute walk to the train station.

Last time we disembarked at Tilbury we arranged for a private taxi to meet us and bring us home (almost 300 miles).  It was SO easy - he was waiting right outside the shed where the cases were.  

In your case, I would suggest that Addison Lee might be worth contacting, we've used them in the past to take us from central London to Greenwich, and more recently for shorter journeys within central London.  Each time was a good experience, booked in advance with a fixed price, nice cars and pleasant drivers.

• Like 1