Cruise Missing From Website?

Mackdogmolly

The Onward 3/11/23 and 3/18/23 cruises have disappeared from the Azamara website. And according to the roll call for the former, checkin is not yet available at 37 days out. Is it possible that these cruises are going to be cancelled? Or is this what happens when a cruise is sold out (which seems unlikely for these particular identical itineraries). I’m only asking because my sister and her partner are booked on the latter for their first Azamara cruise and of course have all of their hotels and flights booked as well.

I am on the 11th March cruise (B2B after transatlantic) Looked for availability for a friend who is also on TA and there were only 3 outside cabins left the other day with all other categories sold out. Based on a 4th March cruise that opened for check-in last Friday, I am hoping that check-in may open tomorrow.

Edited by Scots Caz
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

The Onward 3/11/23 and 3/18/23 cruises have disappeared from the Azamara website. And according to the roll call for the former, checkin is not yet available at 37 days out. Is it possible that these cruises are going to be cancelled? Or is this what happens when a cruise is sold out (which seems unlikely for these particular identical itineraries). I’m only asking because my sister and her partner are booked on the latter for their first Azamara cruise and of course have all of their hotels and flights booked as well.

Sometimes cruises get removed because they have been chartered. 
Talking about Azamara ships being chartered,  yesterday in Ushuia I was asked if I was on the “swinger ship”. I had no idea what they were talking about. They explained to me that Azamara Pursuit came in the local news of Tierra del Fuego as being a “swinger ship”. Apparently two cruises before mine the ship was chartered. 😳

Ivi

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Sometimes cruises get removed because they have been chartered. 
Talking about Azamara ships being chartered,  yesterday in Ushuia I was asked if I was on the “swinger ship”. I had no idea what they were talking about. They explained to me that Azamara Pursuit came in the local news of Tierra del Fuego as being a “swinger ship”. Apparently two cruises before mine the ship was chartered. 😳

Ivi

I really doubt whether even such a small ship would have been chartered at such short notice.

Maybe a little sleuthing is called for.

Are there roll calls for either/both cruises and, if so, how many contributors?

Are there M&Ms, and again how many souls have registered?

Perhaps a call to Azamara or TA might clarify?

Or, wait and see?

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

From personal experience just a few weeks ago, this is exactly what happened to every cruise in 2023 starting or finishing in Venice.  The all reappeared 4-5 days later with the actual port in brackets.

I was initially worried when I couldn't find the cruise that I had booked just days earlier, but reassured when I realised it was a whole group of them, and completely happy when I saw them all return.

Are there other gaps in the schedule for this or other ships?  Is there anything in common, such as a calling or turnaround port?

• Thanks 1

These two cruises are the Canary Islands/ Madeira  round trip. It may be that  they are having to move ports around for whatever reason. Maybe to avoid congestion at some ports on certain days. Its a great itinerary, we did it as an 11 nighter last January.

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

And I guess my question was, is it routine to remove a cruise when it’s sold out?

Yes I have seen that happen before though it may be this time they are juggling ports around. We’ve been over in Lanzarote for a while and have noticed on several days the ships in port weren’t the ones we expected to see 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, uktog said:

Yes I have seen that happen before though it may be this time they are juggling ports around. We’ve been over in Lanzarote for a while and have noticed on several days the ships in port weren’t the ones we expected to see 

In case the cruise is full it will automatically dissappear from the web site. These cruises are probably not full, so there must be a different explanation. Significant change of itinerary or charter?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, uktog said:

They are both just circles around the Canaries 

13 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

They are both just circles around the Canaries 

Yes most are but they often zigzag and change the order particularly between Lanzarote La Graciosa Fuertaventura and Tenerife

20 minutes ago, uktog said:

Yes most are but they often zigzag and change the order particularly between Lanzarote La Graciosa Fuertaventura and Tenerife

I guess time will tell. The former was not one of the ports. I am just anxious for my sister and hoping that all will be well!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, scottie99 said:

We are on 11 March sailing.

Last week we were invited to bid on an upgrade we we declined as it seemed very expensive.

Now, when I click on same link, the invitation has gone

I got upgrade emails for this cruise and prior cruise - didn't click them at the time.(not looking to upgrade) Tried them on back of this post - both say "not eligible for upgrade" (as does link above)