POM - B2B Harmony OTS to Carnival Celebration

bar1068

Wife and I have done a bunch of 14 day+ cruises, are finally "pulling the trigger" on a back-to-back, side-to-side...2 consecutive cruises...whatever anyone wants to call it! We're calling it our "2 Big A$$ Ships Cruises!!".

Anyway, question I have is what options might there be to get from the Harmony OTS to the Carnival Celebration at the Port of Miami? Looking at info for POM, looks like the HOTS uses berth A or AA and Celebration uses C or D. Is walking an option? We're more than capable to walk, but I can't figure if there is "safe path", sidewalk or whatever to walk from one ship to another? Looks like a taxi or Uber could be an option...rather avoid paying, but if thats best thats what we do. I also saw something about a trolly that does a "loop" around downtown Miami with stops as POM? Thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

4 hours ago, bar1068 said:

Is walking an option?

I think someone else reported walking from terminal A back to another ship somewhat recently. But, the trolly might be a good option - you should have plenty of time between the sailings so waiting a bit should not be an issue.

Edited by Biker19

We figure time not going to be a concern. If we can hand our luggage over to Carnival asap, we may see if we can grab that trolly, head somewhere to grab a couple bottles of wine and other incidentals and head back then check in and board. But we know the port will be nuts with the turnover of returning cruises and folks ready for next so may be a play it be ear kind of "adventure"!

I am 99% certain Celebration docks at terminal F further down than the traditional terminals Carnival uses. I have personally walked from A to D and it is easily doable and would say E would also be easy as it is right next door.

Navigating through NCL's arriving passengers at B is a little tricky but other than that there is a walking path and only one spot you need to cross the road. Traffic at that spot has a stop sign so easy enough to cross safely.

Terminal F I am not sure about though it seems like it may be a good additional amount of walking and unless someone has done it I would probably not consider it. If you do decide to I hope you will report back as I'd love to know if it is something to consider. 

2 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I am 99% certain Celebration docks at terminal F further down than the traditional terminals Carnival uses. I have personally walked from A to D and it is easily doable and would say E would also be easy as it is right next door.

Navigating through NCL's arriving passengers at B is a little tricky but other than that there is a walking path and only one spot you need to cross the road. Traffic at that spot has a stop sign so easy enough to cross safely.

Terminal F I am not sure about though it seems like it may be a good additional amount of walking and unless someone has done it I would probably not consider it. If you do decide to I hope you will report back as I'd love to know if it is something to consider. 

Curious to get your input on why you'd advise not to consider walking? I'd not think its the distance, would it be more the "confusion" of navigating through debarking pax from all of the ships? We pack fairly lightly so i don't anticipate our luggage bogging us down too much. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

Curious to get your input on why you'd advise not to consider walking? I'd not think its the distance, would it be more the "confusion" of navigating through debarking pax from all of the ships? We pack fairly lightly so i don't anticipate our luggage bogging us down too much. Thanks!

Even though it is only one more terminal down from D and E it seems a good distance further down the road. It's already a good amount of walking from A to D.

I'd say it took 15-20 minutes and I am a fast walker and also pack light. So probably half hour minimum and I am also unsure if there is a walking path but then again until I did it I was not sure of a walking path from D to A. That's why if you do it I hope you let us know if you would recommend it for others.

Enjoy your cruises!

My humble opinion...you can easily and leisurely walk from Terminal A to Terminal C.

We took the free trolley from Terminal G on a B3B. I posted previously that we had nothing planned for the TAD, and rode the trolley for 1 loop. (Free excursion :classic_biggrin:)

The trolley goes all the way to downtown Miami, then loops back to the Port of Miami, with stops near each terminal. On our second TAD, we used the trolley again and went to CVS and Biscayne Marketplace.

* There's an app that shows you when the trolley is coming.

* I would discourage those with heavy luggages from using the trolley...you will have to lift your luggages up a few steps.