New 30-minute pool lounger save policy instituted on the Splendor

-Lew-

Presently on splendor doing a TA. Last March we were on Splendor and the chair hogs were very prevalent with zero considerations for fellow cruisers. On this cruise. There is a table set up beside pool bar with the policy listed and crew are enforcing the policy carefully. Have seen some items placed on the table of shame to be collected by those not abiding by the policy. Kind of funny to watch those whose items are on the table shuffle to it with heads down I would like to see this policy  taken one step and have everyone around the pool boo those cretins when picking up their items. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Received a quick (5 minutes after sending) response from Jennefer Teegen to my complaint about Regent's lack of consistent chair hog enforcement - reference my recent Navigator cruise. 

Response from Jennefer Teegen to my original email:

"My apologies as I am currently traveling in Asia. I have asked the shoreside team to go back to Navigator and asked them to reinforce our policy. Like on Splendor, items should be removed from unoccupied chairs after an extended period of time. We are doing our best to educate guests about the rules and our crew will do their best to enforce them. I know this is a growing problem and frustration among our guests. Please understand we are trying our best to resolve this. Jennefer"

My response:

"Thank you for your quick response.  What is lacking is consistent reminders of the rule.  It is very simple to highlight in the daily paper AND more importantly the CD in their daily PA brief - can remind everyone, every day in about 2 sentences, what is expected of guests - regarding deck chairs.  Your TV screens can highlight the simple rule.  That relieves the deck crew and the passengers from having to educate people.  The crew is then just following the announced rules.  I don't know why that is so difficult.  With reinforcement daily vs. the inconsistent enforcement that just leads to conflicts - it's quite solvable.  Other lines also have other creative ways.   NONE of this ever happened on board - even when raised with officers."  

We shall see if things improve.   

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Yankeeclipper1 said:

I would think that some of the CHOGs (Chair Hoggers 😁)  are not meaning to be inconsiderate and they are the ones who, when reminded using some of the methods Yankeeclipper1 mentions, will refrain from this antisocial behaviour. There will still be the entitled die hards for the staff to deal with but hopefully there are fewer of them but consistency is the key.

• Like 2

Here is a final response from Jennefer.  I take this as official and indicates what they are "supposed" to be doing onboard.  I would suggest anyone having issues with CHOGs (love it) remind a senior crew member of the company policy including the CD making daily announcements.

"We have put together text that is supposed to be in Passages daily, and the Cruise Director is also supposed to be making frequent announcements reminding guests of our policies. I am sorry that Navigator failed to implement this, I will follow up with the fleet to ensure everyone is aware. Thanks!

Jenn"

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, texasatty said:

I hesitate to extend this topic but if one doesn’t care whether or not a lounger is in the shade does that make it easier to find a spot? 

In the tropics, yes absolutely.  Then again, somewhere cooler, the sunny loungers might suddenly be at a premium.

A review from Gplion on another thread reviewing a recent cruise was very positive 😁

An addendum here, and an important one. Splendor did an excellent job of broadcasting and displaying the 30 minute chair reserving provision, and ultimately enforced same. A huge difference from our Splendor cruise in March 2022. 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Huggsy:

Another example when people (miscreants) either see the light--or feel the heat of social opprobrium as an incentive to change boorish behavior.  

Let's see how the pool environment is when we board Navigator in about a month.  Hope the signage, daily "Passages" prominent posts; and a daily noon reminder from the Cruise Director sink-in.  

GOARMY!

There is a hotel which allows day spa guests to use the pool. The chairs are numbered and when a locker is assigned, you also are asked if you use the pool and get a numbered card which is for a lounge chair.  If you leave the pool, the card is turned into the attendant with your towel.

Easy peasy.

• Like 1