Navigator concierge?

Interesting that you should ask that.  I am on Jewel this coming week and got contacted by the concierge who told me to set up everything ahead of time.  I responded and asked her about the UDP and setting up my reservations.

The response I got back was confusing...

"Thank you for your reply, I'll send the information to our Restaurants team and they will give priority to your reservations on the first day of the cruise for your suite and your mother's too."

So I asked a follow-up question based on the language she used.  Does this mean that I still have to go to a restaurant as soon as I board to make these reservations myself?  I haven't heard back yet.  I'm fine if it does, but this response did not clarify it either way.  If I still have the stress of immediately going to a restaurant to reserve our meals for the cruise, I'll deal with it, but I thought this was something the concierge would take care of.  It is a little disappointing because there really won't be much else we would use the concierge for. We are low maintenance vacationers.

Also, we were notified that breakfast will be in Chops, but I'm not sure we will ever use it because my Mom is with us in a standard balcony room.  If anyone knows, is the Chops breakfast different or is it just quieter (same breakfast as everywhere else) because it is exclusive to suites?

• Like 1

I hope that is not true. Last year on the Navigator (February cruise) the concierge set everything up for us, including our UDP dining reservations. Have they changed that policy? Please keep us posted on what you find out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

I hope that is not true. Last year on the Navigator (February cruise) the concierge set everything up for us, including our UDP dining reservations. Have they changed that policy? Please keep us posted on what you find out. 

I heard it from a person on my upcoming sailing, on our social media site.  She said she called them, and they said “they don’t do this on that class of ship”.  Sounded wrong to me.  I will post an update here within a week 🙂

18 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I heard it from a person on my upcoming sailing, on our social media site.  She said she called them, and they said “they don’t do this on that class of ship”.  Sounded wrong to me.  I will post an update here within a week 🙂

Thanks! We board 2/17.

We sailed Navigator in January,  we secured an OS the week prior.  No email before, but there were personalized letters from both the Diamond Lounge and Suite lounge concierges.  Francisco was in the Suite lounge and helped us with dinner reservations and a few guest service issues.  He was heading home end of January and hoped to return by May (our next cruise).  Norman was in Diamond Lounge and was also very helpful, esp getting off in port.  We had travelling friends in a GS.  They did get an email about a week prior, probably a timing issue.   Either way, they both took great care of all 5 of us

• Like 2

I was in a suite at the end of October.  I received an e-mail from the concierge about a week out letting me know about the suite perks, etc.  I didn't contact her ahead of time because we weren't going to be eating in any specialty dining venues, and we were traveling with another family that didn't book a suite so we planned to sit with them at shows (not that we needed reservations for those anyway if you showed up a few minutes early).  

As for breakfast at Chops, I did end up doing that primarily for convenience.  Windjammer was SLAMMED for breakfast and it was hard to find a table.  The food was... fine.  I thought the dinners in the MDR were much better.

I suppose I haven't reached a station in life where I'm used to having a concierge, so I wasn't really sure how I was supposed to use that service.  She was nice- almost too nice, stopping by during breakfast and weirdly knowing my name- but I can't say I ever asked her to do anything for me.

• Like 1