cabins deck 7 rear of ship

Nana4x

On 2/5/2023 at 1:55 AM, Travrat said:

I would prefer to have the extended balcony and choose B3 deck 7 aft on all 4 of the O cruises(3 on Marina, 1 on Riviera) I have been on. The vibration is only bad when docking and setting sail. It’s a good alarm clock in the morning and I’m usually not in my cabin when setting sail.

I’m about to book a B3 deck 7 on Marina for Oslo to London. My first cruise ever. How early is docking? Do you have any pic of the extended balcony you’re willing to post? It seems odd number cabins are more popular for the orientation to views on this sailing, and the best available was in the aft section. 

5 hours ago, Trying_It_All said:

I’m about to book a B3 deck 7 on Marina for Oslo to London. My first cruise ever. How early is docking? Do you have any pic of the extended balcony you’re willing to post? It seems odd number cabins are more popular for the orientation to views on this sailing, and the best available was in the aft section. 

Here you go (post #5):

I searched the forum using "extended" then scrolled until I saw images on the second page of hits. You can probably find more with the same search if you like.

Edited by AMHuntFerry
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 1/31/2024 at 6:33 PM, Schuler said:

How was this room? We are in it next week!

Next week? A little late to ask or worry now. Just enjoy the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a picture of the extended verandas on deck 7 of the Marina? Specifically wondering if they have glass or solid railings. We don't mind the vibration, but we want the view. Thank you for your comments.

8 minutes ago, Lvntrvl said:

Does anyone have a picture of the extended verandas on deck 7 of the Marina? Specifically wondering if they have glass or solid railings. We don't mind the vibration, but we want the view. Thank you for your comments.

image.thumb.jpeg.7e39203f86ef18bfbf70bc90dbe95041.jpegThis is on Riviera but the balconies are identical.

We were in 7123, a PH2 on the Vista which is two cabins from the end, aft.  Fabulous balcony. No issues with vibration or motion- seas were very calm. 
    We take the PH1- all the way aft on Marina or Riviera when we can get them- 7135 or 7130. Sometimes some creaking, but not much difference in motion. 

On 2/3/2023 at 3:27 PM, DOJO466 said:

Most likely. I am in 6090 on Regatta AFT. It is such a great balcony especially for Alaska. I just tune out any noise. Usually only entering or leaving a port

Our favorite cabin 

On 2/12/2024 at 10:07 PM, Lvntrvl said:

Ignore. Ended up with 2 posts.

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea

16 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I just got off Riviera, room 7131 with extended veranda.  There were regular metal railings, exactly like the picture above by See More. Furniture was the same. I had to remember when I went out that people above could see me if I went to the railing, but that was no big deal.  The room was noisy due to thrusting in a few ports when docking (Asian ports) but it didn't bother us. 

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea

16 hours ago, Lvntrvl said:

Our friends have the cabin next to us. do the veranda doors open to allow us to visit with each other?

I went all the way up the ladder to Dominique Nicolle to have the end portion of veranda opened so my friends next cabin could come over.  The answer was NO.  Don't know if they have had a change of mind.

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

I went all the way up the ladder to Dominique Nicolle to have the end portion of veranda opened so my friends next cabin could come over.  The answer was NO.  Don't know if they have had a change of mind.

I think it depends upon the itinerary as we have been able to have door opened on some ships/itineraries but not on others...just my thought

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 9:01 PM, Lvntrvl said:

Our friends have the cabin next to us. do the veranda doors open to allow us to visit with each other?

We were told it could be done, but only while in port.  While the ship was moving, the "door" between balconies had to be closed.