Saint Greg's Magic Super Bowl cruise - Live - February 11-19

Saint Greg

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I stopped by the genesis and ordered a local beer.

I couldn’t decide on food here. The other place had a sampler thing I was going to get and I don’t see anything like that here.

A00E5559-A1E7-497C-9195-D74876059AFB.jpeg

8B3CA508-09A3-4B90-A953-D0AEF890AAD3.jpeg

Well I might be able to try the food out for you! My hotel before my cruise in April is right by there. I did want to try Barrachina's for dinner though. I'll make a reservation for that!

• Like 6

21 hours ago, lennythenose said:

We really enjoyed our visit to St. Kitts. Interesting fact, there is a veterinary school on the island. We live in a very small town just south of Dallas and one of our local vets actually went to school there. What a gorgeous place to go to school. She said it was great!

When we visited St. Kitts we did a private tour that drove us around the entire island. We learned a lot, including the fact that St. Kitts is basically the education hub of the Caribbean. There are a lot of different schools/colleges there.

We also saw lots of monkeys.

The train ride looks great. We're going to St. Kitts again in a couple of weeks and I looked at the train ride, but decided against it for this trip. It's the last day of the cruise for us (no sea day before we disembark) and we don't want to be too busy that day.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

How sad. I was hoping to see that someday.

They usually rotate.  We spent 3 days there before our December and they usually had the Puerto Rican flag up as the canopy. They are repairing the bricks because some of the streets had crazy sunken dips in them.  It seemed to me that they were lifting the bricks and repairing the surface underneath.  I am pretty sure the bricks will be laid back when repaired.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Was it a little icy?  How did it compare to John Watling's?

Yeah it took a bit of stirring. I definitely like watlings better. It’s not even close for me. It may be the rum. They use their Amber rum at Watlings. I think that’s what gives it the flavor I love. But it may also be all that pre-made pina colada in those machines vs. one made fresh. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah it took a bit of stirring. I definitely like watlings better. It’s not even close for me. It may be the rum. They use their Amber rum at Watlings. I think that’s what gives it the flavor I love. But it may also be all that pre-made pina colada in those machines vs. one made fresh. 

When we had a pina colada at one of our stops during our San Juan tour, it didn't compare to JW's.  Not the same restaurant in SJ as yours but the same iciness and it was from a vat of premade stuff as well. I think JW's rum is tastier as well.👍

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 3