Saint Greg's Magic Super Bowl cruise - Live - February 11-19

Saint Greg

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I went in search of a beach chair. I wanted one on the end of the aisle so it would be easier to see from the water and easy to get to. I ended up with one by the 3rd life guard stand. Second row. Aisle.

0BA2CA81-6F17-4E24-97EF-B99383CF8AF7.jpeg

Is there drink service?  We usually go to Jack's Shack.

• Like 2

I got out in the water. I forgot how rocky it was and left my water shoes in the room. I went out about 20 yards and just found some nice rocks to park it on. Stayed there for an hour and 15 minutes. Then got out. While I was down there I started thinking it looked like my bag was no longer on the aisle. Sure enough this woman either moved my stuff over, or pulled another lounger into the aisle. I knew what she was going to do when I left and I wanted to drag mg lounger away. But I resisted. I’m running behind as it is do to the stampede earlier. When I left I looked back and she was sliding my lounger closer to her. I’m sure to reserve for someone…or have more space for herself.

A8866A5C-6921-4D73-A933-4801E819DDD4.thumb.jpeg.1ad25723e010c477d0ce268dcc942464.jpeg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I was of course assigned a packed big round shared table.

Ugg...why?  Does anyone like those shared tables??  Who walks into their favorite breakfast place in their hometown and says, "I'll take a table with random strangers, please."  

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, pcrum said:

Ugg...why?  Does anyone like those shared tables??  Who walks into their favorite breakfast place in their hometown and says, "I'll take a table with random strangers, please."  

Hahaha  --  definitely happens in Talkeetna at the Roadhouse 🙂

The Roadhouse does not have any individual tables - they are all large multiple group tables - pick a seat...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@Saint Greg...while it has been several years, pre Covid since we last visited GT, I remember only too well how water shoes are required.  Tough on the footsies without them for sure.  I usually wear my trusted Teva sandals.

Years ago it used to be if you walked to the right of the pier where the whale statue is there were no beach chairs but this was the BEST snorkeling area and the least crowded.

Once Margaritaville opened we visited once and that was enough, way too crowded four our tastes but good people watching for sure and expensive drinks!

Hope you are having a great day, the weather looks amazing!

• Like 6

Have been to GT a few times - one of my favorite souvenirs from first visit:  My Lost Shaker of Salt saltshakers ($8 each back then) even saying Gran Turk - I brought back some for me and my sisters and niece.  I use it every day.  Yes - water shoes = Good!  I always imagine trying to signal the BIG SHIP while treading water..........Old Woman Overboard.  Wish I was there right now - 36 degrees shooting all the way up to 39 today.  😎

• Like 5

One of our first visits to GT, way before the commercialization, we purchased two stained glass plates that were made locally.  

We still have them today and they are proudly displayed hanging in our RV.

Once the commercialization took over on GT lots of the local items vanished, sad for sure.

• Like 5

On 2/16/2023 at 5:20 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

How sad. I was hoping to see that someday.

They change them quite regularly, I was sailing from San Juan at the end of February last year and pre sailing it was the fairy lights but when I was back after the cruise they were just finishing putting up pink butterfly type sails in the first week of March, picture below. The guide I had said it’s the governor’s wife who picks what the overhead display is. 

P1290955.JPG

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Next I wanted a beer. I head for the tiki bar. As I walk up a guy asks if he can help me. I think a server trying to get me before I get to the bar. I say a beer. “You don’t want any party favors man?” I say very loudly are you trying to sell me drugs in margaritaville? “No man no.” And he got the heck out.

B52B7EF0-A499-4394-A17D-B3C501F1E14D.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 15

Once I showered, changed, and started getting a laundry bag ready for tonight, it was 12:45. My excursion is 1:30 so I don’t have time to play around.

I stopped by the rum bar for a beer. He gave me this busted up can so I had to have a glass.

0E9EE606-7749-4014-800D-E74E3810BFAE.jpeg

• Like 7